Tail gate lock

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Image806.jpg
[/IMG]

Image805.jpg

Image804.jpg

What model is that the bits look completely different to mine and the 2005 from the US thread, glad I didn't see that before I started.

Ah that be the difference then, mines a Spaniard. Guess that's another thing they can't agree on when they make these things in different countries.

After checking that Nissan wanted $400+ for the rear door actuator (each side was a different price) which in reality should be the same I gave up and went with the $20 Jaycar option.

I suppose to be fair to Nissan while the actuator does do exactly the same as the Jaycar actuator it's made to fit in the door cavity and fit in an exact position, the Jaycar one is made to fit anywhere. Nissan's one also interacts with the BCM at some point but there is no saying the 3 wire Jaycar if hooked up right wouldn't do the same thing with the BCM.

Oh the actual key lock? Yeah there is a part number listed in the part number thread, Nissan Australia did have it and I think someone once suggested it was about $240

Given the locking mechanisms are all there (tumbler and actuator are missing) it is possible to modify the lock system so that it is always locked and you need to physically unlock it from the inside of the tub. It's effectively just disabling the outer handle and replacing it with something else its not always practical but it would be cheap.

It really does come down to just how pretty you want it to be, I reckon I could do it with a bit of wire and 7 mins work (5 mins to take all the screws out of that panel). it may not be pretty but it would stop people gaining access to the tailgate without damaging it.

Should just be buying the over priced key lock from Nissan. You might be able to go after market for which ebay might be the best but atleast with genuine you'd know for sure it all works and fits where it is suppose too.

I had a look thru google and found a cylinder & keys for a frontier on a US site for about $31US but no shipping to Oz.
64 pounds on an english site

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back