Keyless entry no flash.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

degobah

Reaction score
Well charged out and bought keyless entry kit for my 04 duelcab & discovered it has no indicator/light flash output. Bummer!!! was thinking of using surplus actuator wiring to trigger a relay and flash indicators/lights. Any ideas on how to go about it?? thanks guys

I guess you could go down that track, and someone can probably figure out a wiring diagram for you (it's too much thinking for me before my morning coffee) but is it really worth the effort? The lights flashing don't add any extra security or function to the system and it seems like a lot of work.

Having absolutely no idea of the wiring, but 2c is can you just add a pulse to the emergency light switch circuit?

Doesn't this stuff come with a squeak toy noise device to say " it worked"?

Krafty, your probably right no real gain. just annoyed with myself that i overlooked that particular feature. Going to have a play over weekend all the same, can't be that difficult can it???? LOL

I'd imagine the job itself would be fairly simple actually, all you need to find is the right circuit it's finding the right circuit that is the issue.

Maybe all you need to do is provide a single pulse to the flasher can for the indicator lights which just means finding the can and connecting a wire from the locking unit to it. Both wires for the actuator carry voltage at some point (i.e it's not one positive and one earth) so you can possible connect both directly to the can if the voltage is right and either lock or unlock will provide the signal to make the can flash.

Don't hold me to that though I'm only throwing around ideas which don't take much thought.

well conceeded defeat after 4 hours, took krafty and my brother in laws advice and canned the idea of making lights/indicators flash with suplus actuator wiring. was a time issue in the end (where do the weekends go??), may have another crack at it later on. thanks for the help krafty and terry, if i do manage to i'lll be sure to post the results Cheers

Latest posts

Back