question about d ecu chip for navara

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chuz_220

Reaction score
hi there~i would like to ask is anyone here have install an external chip for ur navara? i heard d ppl said it will gip d car more power.would like to know which kind of brand is good? thanks

I hope English is your second language, as thats terrible!

Use the search box and try "DP chip" or "Chip it" heaps of info in those threads.

As 08KC says, do a search, and that is terrible. Thanks for the decoding 08KC

Chuz, there are a number of manufacturers of chips and they're all very similar. They intercept the signal from the ECU to the injectors and modify it, producing more power by adding more fuel.

The only one that seems different (that I know of, there may be others) is the ChipIt chip, which also adjusts the turbocharger - the D40 has a variable vane turbocharger, so it's possible to adjust the boost levels depending on the engine's requirements.

There may be others available in America, England and across Europe - we used to have a member here from Cyprus who may have chipped his car but I haven't seen him on the forum in a long while now.

At Australian Performance Tuning we are able to reprogram/modify the original program on the ECU. Given we have more parameters to play with we are able to out perform any chip or tuning box on the market. Modifying the original program means no conflict is caused resulting in dashlights coming on etc.

not so easy to change tunes though that way. more power=more heat, might not be best to run it full steam all the time. It's nice to be ale to play with the amount of tune. Nice to know you offer a different option though.

not so easy to change tunes though that way. more power=more heat, might not be best to run it full steam all the time. It's nice to be ale to play with the amount of tune. Nice to know you offer a different option though.

Agree, which is the problem with tuning boxes or chips basically they chuck fuel at the engine all the time. By changing the original program the power/performance is only there when you ask for it. i.e. when you put your foot down. Otherwise the engine runs far more efficently. The process involves removing the ECU and programming on the bench. Our program writer is UK based and one of the best enough to get warranty on engine. Being UK based I need the ECU till around 9pm. For those out of state it means a couple of days as it needs to be couriered down then couriered back, unless I am in town of course.

Our program writer is UK based and one of the best enough to get warranty on engine.

Get warranty?
As in Nissan will uphold warranty against his work or he is warranting the work he does so that he will pay for any damage should it occur?
And does that warranty carry from the UK to Australia?

Being UK based I need the ECU till around 9pm. For those out of state it means a couple of days as it needs to be couriered down then couriered back, unless I am in town of course.

So you aren't doing the tuning, you are relying on a UK based supplier doing all the work at his convenience?
Once again how is a local warranty effected by this and if there was problems down the line can you fix them immediately or do you have to wait for answers from the UK before you can get a fix?

Hi apologies I am clearly not use to using forums. Yes work covered by warranty. Very limited experience with claims with only one to date which was on a tractor. The progrma error was obivous and pay out was immediate. First port of call would be with me and with forums like this to do the worng thing would close my business.

Having said that yes the programming is done by the guy in the UK so any issues do need to be addressed overnight ( or early evening )

Covered by Nissan warranty or manufacturer warranty?

So in a worse case scenario if Nissan don't play ball with warranties (which we hope doesn't happen) what happens if a problem occurs that causes an engine fault requiring some parts to be replaced. Nissan find the fault and say it's not their problem because the ECU has been changed and the problems are due to the changes in the ECU and the owner is up for $3000 in parts.

Does the guy in the UK automatically accept warranty and fix the problem to both the ECU and the engine, does the owner have to wait weeks for an inspection team to look at and asses the vehicle before reporting back to the UK guy at which time he assess whether he wants to uphold warranty or do you as the local agent take some of the responsibility and get the car back on the road and argue the repair costs with the guy in the UK.

Obviously people don't wish for warranty claims but if Nissan aren't going to fix the problem under warranty because it's not their work that caused the problem how soon can a repair be expected when it comes to mechanical and ECU repairs?

I know this case is hypothetical and could potentially happen to just about any mod reseller but with the major of support seemingly coming from the UK for this product and the prices not being chump change warranty issues could be a big question for some buyers. God knows enough people on here already ask how their warranties are effected by adding modifications.

Now understand what you are saying my apologies. Yes once the ecu is touched the manufacturers/dealers warranty is officially void. It has been our experience the warranty is still honored but it is by discretion so a risk. We do hide the changes which is made easier by the fact it is an edit of the original program so it rarely is an issue but who knows what detection software they will come up with.

The warranty with our work covers any damage that can be attributed to the work. In five years we have only had one claim, now that was over 10k so of course there is a bit of tooing and fro'ing but i was impressed how quickly it was resolved. Never have had a problem with a car/ute so consider the risk low. The warranty on the actual ECU would sit with my company.

its the same with any mods we do to our trucks Krafty.....NO nissan coverage.

just wait till warranty is over then mod the shit out of it if you wish, you just have to worry about the gov/epa regulations then and it seems not many here worry about those

:cheers!:

I understand that Krankin I've always replied to people asking the question that any fault caused by a mod is up to the mod supplier to fix because Nissan wont.

But with the majority of support seemingly coming from the UK for this product and the ECU being such an important part I was just trying to figure out who was doing the warranty and whether there was any chance of a quick resolution or if it would be like dealing with Nissan.

Out of warranty or not if I'm going to end up fighting with someone in the UK to fix my car it's a risk I would want to know about before purchase.

(not saying warranties will be required or fighting with the UK is how to resolve it)

i spose it gets down to the "it wont happen overnight...", 'cept in this case it will..

tho if an engine damage condition arises, such as a piston failure, under the use of any of the chip suppliers..would they repair your engine??? or would one get the same runaround as we do with nissan

That's a question that never seems to be answered but to be honest I stopped being so blunt with questions like that to save being told off for picking on suppliers and forcing them to quit the forum.

That's a question that never seems to be answered but to be honest I stopped being so blunt with questions like that to save being told off for picking on suppliers and forcing them to quit the forum.

thats why i didnt mention any brand names.....goes with any mod tho..

I know what my chances of a repair job is if a failure occurs after an engine/truck mod,
but MANY are not.

It would be nice to think any supplier would warranty against all damage done by their mod but lets face it we all know warranties are only there to make us feel better until the day we make the first claim.

Latest posts

Back