Installing spotties off santa!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

digbyj

Reaction score
Alright guys, cleaned up off Santa with some narva 225's and a snorkel!
The spotties come with a full wiring kit which is all very straight forward (famous last words!).
Just need to know how to connect the remaining wire to the high beam switch?
I've seen on here mention of connecting to the headlight but the wire will already be through the firewall and in the dash where the loom for the spotty on off switch will be.
Guess I need to know which us the high beam wire and I'll tap into that?
... and the I'll work out how and who to do my snorkel!...
Cheers fellas!
Marcus

Its a red and green wire from memory, thats on the headlight harness where the globe connects.

As for the snorkel, not to hard at all. But my brother is a panel beater so he makes it look easy.

Dave.

Cant remember how I found the high beam wire, must have fooled around with a multimeter ,I still wish I had fitted my own snorkel....template, drill a few holes, clean debris and prime any exposed steel. Cant be too hard if your any good with tools and take your time, then again, would be an expensive mistake if things go wrong! I guess thats why most of us pay to get one fitted.

Hey Marcus the best way to find the high beam wire is with a test light. Poke around GENTLEY near the head light globe with the headlights on and on high beam. when you think you have found it turn high beam off and and your test light will go off. Get a mate to help you control the high and low beam, it makes it so much easier. Hope this helps.

Still confused, they're all in except the highbeam wire. Should I be connecting at the light end or the switch end or it doesn't matter??
Cheers

Still confused, they're all in except the highbeam wire. Should I be connecting at the light end or the switch end or it doesn't matter??
Cheers

Doesnt matter, easiest place is at the headlight wiring. I'm assuming you mounted the relay close to battery?.

Yeah all the wiring came with the lights and I've got the trigger wire which needs to attach to the highbeams but I can't work out how to do it. Behind the steering wheel there's a shite load of wires so maybe easiest to find the right coloured one off the bulb, if I can work out his to get to those lights!! Sorry I'm a but of an amateur, annoying, everything else is done!!

Yeah all the wiring came with the lights and I've got the trigger wire which needs to attach to the highbeams but I can't work out how to do it. Behind the steering wheel there's a shite load of wires so maybe easiest to find the right coloured one off the bulb, if I can work out his to get to those lights!! Sorry I'm a but of an amateur, annoying, everything else is done!!

I always go off the wiring at the globe. There should be 3 wires, one will be the earth most likely Black, the others green o& blue from memory. 50-50 chance hitting the right one. Do you have a test light?

I did it! As per old topics it's the red and yellow wire. I just tapped into it at the switch end.
Now just gotta put my car back together... and the pull it apart again for the snorkel install!!
Thanks for all the help fellas.
Lights look awesome by the way!

Only thing that sucks about the Narva 225's is the switch.

I cut my switch off and got a switch off Garry that suits the Nissan spottie kit.

Looks stock with the switch.

Dave.

Dave that switch thing is a good idea, ithe blue led is nearly as powerful as the lights! Very annoying. Thanks for the offer Scotty, I'll work it out over the next couple days and buzz you if i need a hand workin it out.
Cheers

Ill give you the wire colours if you need Marcus and the pin layout when your ready.

Dave.

Yeah that sounds awesome Dave, I suppose I'd need to know where to get a switch from too!
I guess it would mount nicely in one of those vacant spots from all the missing luxuries on the d22!
Cheers.
Read the snorkel instructions today, once I've done the holes... easy... hopefully!

I tried to get a switch from Nissan to fit the dash but alas the do not have a 2 position switch listed in the parts catologue. Makes me wonder what those blank spots are for if they dont have switches to fit them.
Fitting the snorkel is medium skill level and drilling the holes is the easy part if you take your time to lay out the template correctly. The bastard is getting your hand up inside the guard to fit the washers and nuts.

IMG_0598.jpg

IMG_0599.jpg

Hope this helps.

Ill dig up the part number of the switch.

Dave.

D22 Fog light switch.
25370-V5500

^ For those who like the factory look with aftermarket spotties.

Who is running the Nissan driving light kit ?

I am after the pin outs on the back of the switch.

Dave.

Taken from the D22 part numbers thread. The switch is about $20-$30 I think.

Dave.

Latest posts

Back