Helped needed to check working nav part

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
K

krunchi

Hi Guys,

Can some one with a D40 please check the turbo actuator valve on their turbo. Its the round almost yellow on the turbo, under near there is a acutaor rod. With the engine idle can you please see if your rod moves up and down or stay stationary and let me know?

Thanks

Thanks Navarian,

My boost solenoid failed and i thout that was causing the rod to move on idle, had the solenoid replaced but the actuator rod still moves?
Any idea why this might be?

Hey Old Tony,

So after a while the actuator rod moved up and down say maybe 3mm - 5mm either way?
Mine is doing that cold at hot.
I read some where in patrol forum this was normal, the d40 service manual is too light on info.

Only reason i am paranoid is my boost solenoid was making a thud thud noise in time with that rod moving. Now the solendoid has been repalced adn the noise is gone but the rod still moves a bit. I dont see any reasy as to why it shoudl move on idle, certainly not normal in pertrol turbo. However given your post and what i read on teh patrol forum this must be normal operation in this case.

Cheers for checking guys!

Thud or rattle? Boost control soleniods often make a clattering noise in operation (You can sometimes hear the one on my race car over the exhaust, which is unmuffled) but I have never heard it operate in my R51 Pathfinder.

About the only way to pick normal operation would be to have a look at the input to the solenoid with an oscilloscope to see if it is cycling the duty cycle up and down at idle.

3mm to 5mm would be about right. It seemed to vary a little even though the engine note seemed to remain the same.

One thing to remember is that the ECU varies the fuel mixture constantly in order to check the response of the heated oxygen sensor in the exhaust. In adjusting the fuel mixture, it may also vary the air mixture and use that to get some expected output and test the response from the O2 sensor against those expected outputs.

It's the reason why we can't just unplug stuff (like the aforementioned O2 sensor).

Latest posts

Back