200,000km birthday!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pointblank5

Reaction score
hey guys i'd like everyones input on what they suggest to service for my navs 200k birthday?

background: it doesnt get log book servicing anymore, only 7500k oil changes, and i bought it at around 170,000kms. I have done the easy stuff like oils(gb, diffs, trans), water, fuel filter, air filter.

just wondering what else? like timing chain and other major stuff? what you guys reckon?

James

A cake with some candles blown out by the exhaust?

If you haven't given it something like what the book considers as a major service since you've had it for 200K I'd consider just doing something similar to that.

and hopefully the cake will still taste allright after its been put under the exhaust haha

oh yeah cool link, thanks man
nah dont know any one with the zd30 book to borrow, might try and get one from a wrecker or something...
Im not giving away a perfectly good cake!! i'll just scrape the little black bits off :)

I saw a d40 book on ebay the other day for something like $40, people bitch about paying $7 for a cd manual yet some idiot is silly enough to buy a handbook for $40.

As I said that site isn't entirely accurate (for those coming along later that notice differences) and the prices may or may not be indicative of any dealer or local mechanic but it does give you some idea and it gives you an idea for all sorts of different makes.

If the cake tastes alright email me a piece :big_smile:

yeah it gives me a starting point anyway (i'm not gona do every tiny little service item in the log book anyway, just the major things)

yeah sure, does the cake go in the cd drive or usb hole?

I want it on a platter so through the CD it is. I hope you've got broadband though cake on dial up just wont cut it.

Mine clicked over 200,000km's the other day.

Ill grab my book and have a look.

Should be just oil, filter, diffs, fuel filter, gearbox and transfer case, brake fluid and the clutch hydraulic system change.

Coolent will need doing to, use genuine coolent.

I am getting my radiator checked out in the next week or so, just waiting for something to come into Australia and then Nizzbits will post it to me.

If only I could get that fired up over work, got a shit load to do today so I'll only be able to put 50 posts up (providing I don't loose power which so often happens when it rains here)

I had a easy night last night.

Working at night is awesome at the moment, who wants to go out in the 40C heat.

Gotta duck out and grab a ceiling fan later, that should be a fun job over the weekend, atleast the wiring is already there.

Can you fix mine too. My bro emailed arlec and told them of the problem and they sent him a new remote and controller unit no questions asked but I really can't be stuffed getting up in the roof to wire a new controller.

You pay for the plane ticket and some JD and Ill head down.

Deal ?

Back on topic.

I'm glad we are back on topic saves me telling you to F&^% off (in the nicest possible way)

thanks for the replies fellas, both on topic and off lol
Dave if you could so kindly give me a short list of things on the 200k service that would be much appreciated,
and im pretty sure it hasnt had a "major" service for a while (it only got a minor when the last one was due, around 170 odd?)
so if theres a different type of major service between the 150-200k mark could you pleeeeaaaase put that in aswell?
forever grateful, James

ah sweet mate! so is that exactly the same as the book you get with the car?
i didnt realise you could find this on the net, many thanks mate!!

James

Latest posts

Back