D22 steering issues

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kingbob

Reaction score
hello all,

a first time user and navara owner, and have a question to put to you all. i have a 06 model, and find that when i corner there is a terrible grinding noise, and sometimes a shudder that runs through the body:dong:. any ideas? is it the caps that i have read about?
thanks,

rob

slight noises on gentle bends, through to heavy grinding and shuddering on tight corners. hubs running free in 2H. seems a bit worse at slower speeds. thanks for the fast reply.

could be steering stops but doesnt explain the noise on slight bends

mine does the same sometimes, ive worked out that it does it more the slower i go and tighter the corners are. but the most it does it is when im taking off and turning a tight left turn, i was thinking could this possibly be the diff. not slipping properly or something.

Matty

Does it do it when your parked and not moving? It sounds like a problem that BA falcons have with the power steering, When you load up the steering pump one way it shudders and you can feel it thru your feet on the floor.

hello, sorry about the late reply, been very busy at work. being a little slow mechanically, i eventually found that it was the rear diff playing up. drained the diff and added an anti-friction oil. working well now. thank you for the replies though. Rob

Latest posts

Back