exhaust system for d40 2.5 diesel

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

autotainment

Reaction score
i have a question about the factory exhaust on the d40 turbo dieasel 2007 dec build
I had someone do the exhaust from after the rear cat converter back. This was done a while ago. He didnt know if you could replace the exhaust from the turbo back because of some of the pipes etc going to the exhaust.
What can be safley removed so i can replace the rest of the exhaust ?

cheers

You can do it but there is no point changing the dump pipe.

Below is the test I ran between 2.5" - Standard dump pipe with hi-flow cat
And Full 3" system including dump pipe and hi-flow cat.
Big difference hey ;)

D40exhausttest.jpg

hey guys i got my exhaust done by chipit and they have removed the heat guard from the factory CAT? do you think the CAT needs the heat guard? they see to think its not required

hey guys i got my exhaust done by chipit and they have removed the heat guard from the factory CAT? do you think the CAT needs the heat guard? they see to think its not required

Umm I don't have a guard anymore as I running a custom dump pipe. No issues - just wouldn't want to touch that pipe when its hot ouch!

Any cat converter needs a heat shield.
The heat generated from one is very high.
Laziness & Ignorance are the two main reasons for leaving heat shielding off. They are there for a reason and you should take every measure to ensure it is retained where possible.

You can do it but there is no point changing the dump pipe.

Below is the test I ran between 2.5" - Standard dump pipe with hi-flow cat
And Full 3" system including dump pipe and hi-flow cat.
Big difference hey ;)

D40exhausttest.jpg

Stock DPF, with high flow cat ?>>>>.not rite ?

If that is the graph I think it is there is no dpf in that system as it is a manual.

Any cat converter needs a heat shield.
The heat generated from one is very high.
Laziness & Ignorance are the two main reasons for leaving heat shielding off. They are there for a reason and you should take every measure to ensure it is retained where possible.

It is common practice to remove heat shields when travelling desert tracks to prevent Spinifex pickup.

i just took my d40 08 rx single cab maunual for a short run after fitting the 2 &3/4 aluminised system from beau exhausts and so far cant tell the difference.
i havent done anything else yet but am now thinkin about air filter or new aftermarket module as im towing alot and need more power on take off!

Any recomendations?

Latest posts

Back