D40 Fog Light Fuse...

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MickDooit

Reaction score
I can't find it where is it, I'm using the original wiring loom and fuse, put a pair of 55w fog/ driving lights in and it blew last night, any takers for a suggestion I feel like I've checked everything.

I don't have foglights but I do have a manual!

On page 36/116 of LT.PDF I found a description of the fuses/relays used for the fog lights.

In the fusible link box under the bonnet is a 50A fuse - the 4th one from the end that is closest to the edge of the box (which is the end furthest away from the large single block on one side). That's apparently where the main fog light power goes through.

Inside, there are 3 related fuses: the bottom one on the left, the third from bottom on the right, and the 6th from the top on the right. They are all 10A fuses.

There are three more fuses under the bonnet that might have something to do with it: in the IPDM box which is the large square box behind the battery, there are a bunch of similar fuses in a line down one side (ignore the ones in the middle). The fuse on the very bottom (closest to the edge) is related, so is the 4th from that edge, and the fifth as well. All are 20A fuses.

Good luck - hope that helped!

Hi Tony,

In my frustration it didn't occur to me to check with the dealer. I did and it appears that it's the fuse box that isn't listed in the standard manual. In all of my frustration I'd forgotten about it. It was jammed closed and so I thought when I went to open it, it was something else. When I did I found the spare packet of fuses I'd left there from when I last opened it.....

To many boozy nights methinks!!!

Thanks for your help though.
Mick.

Sorry to hijack this thread but I'm also trying to install an OEM fog lamps on my D40, I noticed that it already has a harness sstanding by and beneath the steering wheel are sockets ready for the switch.

I found one swith with four wires in it, but the switch I have in the box included in the OEM foglamps is too big to fit and has different wire colors.

the socket I have under the steering wheel have two blacks, an orange and a purple. The one I have in the box have 2 red, 1 blue, and 1 black

Anyways I tried splicing the swithc together and i didn't work, I checked the fuse for the fog lamps under the bonnet and it didn t have power

Any suggestions on what to do bout this?

In the manual, it indicates that there's a different stalk (light control) on the steering column, which has an extra function for the fog lights. I'd imagine that this would have a plug that mates with the one you're indicating.

The fog lights are controlled by the ECU (specifically through the Body Control Module BCM) and this sends control signals via the LAN/CAN to ports 39 and 40 of the Intelligent Power Distribution Module (IPDM) in the engine bay. This module then outputs power (through the fog lamp relay and a 20A fuse) on pins 50 and 51 (of the IPDM) - the wires are white and violet (purple). Insider the IPDM, the white and violet wires are connected together, so if one is getting power, the other will be too.

My guess is that if you want to use the factory connections, you'd be better replacing your headlight/indicator stalk with the one that also has fog light control on it. My memory of the price is about $175 but knowing my luck that was for a tyre valve.

Thanks for the info Tony, are you suggesting I should use the harness that came with the fog lamps and run the wires inside rather than using the exisitng ones?

I just thought it was plug and play

Thanks for the info Tony, are you suggesting I should use the harness that came with the fog lamps and run the wires inside rather than using the exisitng ones?

I just thought it was plug and play

If you are unable to source the light/indicator control stalk (which will use the existing wiring) then the only alternative you have is to run them independently of the Navara wiring.

If you are going to do that, put your relay near the battery, run the low-power wiring inside the cabin, make sure it's nicely fused and it should never give you any problems.

You might try asking someone at the Nissan dealer for the stalk - then it's plug and play, but at a cost.

There might be a way to adapt the fog lights to the factory equipment (and the harness you have might even do that on the fog lamp end of the thing) but inside the cabin, the factory fog lamp controls are done with the headlight/indicator stalk.

Fitted fog lights to my 2009 D40 last year, bought some lamps from ebay which plugged straight into the original wiring. I then bought the genuine stalk with the fog switch from my local dealer. The best thing about the genuine switch is that it is gauranteed to fit plus the fog indicator light on the dash illuminates as well. The switch cost about $150 from memory and was really easy to fit. Part number was 25540-EC40B.

Latest posts

Back