Diesel Issues

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haven't used MTQ but they have a good reputation. Definately don't recommend our local Nissan dealer. I've got an ECUTALK cable and software for reading codes. The plug in the Nav is OBD type but OBD readers don't work on our model.

Black or blue/white smoke ? could be turbo seals or just valve guide seals, get a leak down test done on your engine, I'm thinking turbo seals though as they will leak while cold than expand under heat, the oil will leak into your intake while cold. Jus my 2 bobs worth . Old Trucks I have driven always did it.

Pull the hoses off your turbo inlet and outlet and see how oily they are,while cold, if quite oily could be turbo seals .

A quick note, Unless you have a ball bearing turbo, which you won't, some side to side turbo shaft movement is normal and applied from factory to allow heat expansion. HOWEVER, pressure applied in and out( pushing and pulling) should be very minimal or void and is an excellent sign of turbo failure if excessive.Just my experience.

All fixed power from 23.1 kw to 58.6kw. Torque from 115 to 155 nm. Cost $1100. The main isssue was the Fuel filter Head assembly . New from nissan 338.36 inc GST.

Factory quoted is 110kw at the flywheel, probably 80 at the wheels.
How's the boost level now? Do MTQ have a chassis dyno?

Latest posts

Back