What did you do to your navara today?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nah you can get clear ones...

Only problem is with the xrox bar and light bar on the front you won't see any of the sticker anyway hahahah

Interesting.... I will have to have a play when I get home.

I haven't got a bonnet protector so I will need some one with a good eye to measure the Navara letters on the front.

If you wipe the lettering on the bonnet protector with a citrus based cleaner the letters just wipe off. I found this out when I used a citrus cleaner to get the bugs off the front grill and bar and the overspray made the lettering on the bonnet protector run. That was why I was happy sticko made these stickers up. 99% sure that's where mine will be going. Just weighing up how much the light bar and top of the bull bar block it.

Just fitted the plazmaman hot pie to the D40.Took longer than the so called 15 mins cos I couldn't get the old pipe off at the cooler end.Ended up cutting her off.I don't feel much difference in the noise...maybe under load but response seems a littlee better.

Go the tinted. I take mine off to wash under it and can't wait to get it back on. It looks hideous without it on now.

I'll look in to it...

Just put my forum sticker on

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413604486.943722.jpg

Just fitted the plazmaman hot pie to the D40.Took longer than the so called 15 mins cos I couldn't get the old pipe off at the cooler end.Ended up cutting her off.I don't feel much difference in the noise...maybe under load but response seems a littlee better.

I didnt know they made a HOT PIE? do they do all flavours or just the one? :sarcastic:

D22 Intake/ Catch Can/ Oil change

Today folks I did an oil/ filter change, air filter, installed my Provent 200 and removed all the air intake manifold off for a much needed clean.

Massive thanks to Shorty for writing his guide : http://www.navara.asia/showthread.php?t=25427&highlight=remove+intake .... good for reference, especially the EGR housing part which saved some time. All nice and familiar when it was bolt back together time!

Oil: I've only just bought me beast couple of wks ago; pretty disgusted that there was over 8L of oil in it. The drain pan filled to the brim and I had to chuck the drain plug back in pronto. Spilt some of it and received a slow handclap from a workmate..:pissedoff: haha.

Intake manifold:
Damn, was pretty caked up. Took some time n blasted it all out.:rambo:

Catch Can:
Made a bracket up earlier in the week and headed over to Pirtek in Mascot who were very helpful with all my hoses. My crankcase breather nipple seems to have a worn down barb, so we had to reduce the 5/8" hose down just at that point to get a more snug fit instead of trying to bodge the 5/8" on. they've got a coffee machine too.

Getting the engine started was the main pain in the arse... was starting to sweat it and finally had to ask a guy nearby who was sitting with his chick in their car if he could crank the engine while i pumped the fuel filter like mad. Was going to change the fuel filter today n all... will scrap that until i have an extra pair of hands again!

All is sweet and she's purring. Can feel more low end grunt and she's running like a DD chick who's given up the durries! Another fine day under the hood :)

Rusty.

Attachments

• IMG_0127.jpg
    IMG_0127.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 212
  • IMG_3351.jpg
    IMG_3351.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 210
  • IMG_0134.jpg
    IMG_0134.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 212
  • IMG_0135.jpg