What did you do to your navara today?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Took a little road trip. 800 km round trip for the day.had lunch in naracoorte and had a meeting. Then came home. Putting cruise control on the nav 6 months ago was a great thing for long trips

Attachments

• 20141018_112207.jpg
    20141018_112207.jpg
    214.4 KB · Views: 77
Yesterday had it towed and stored in my garage after lowlife scum drilled the passenger door lock and ignition barrel trying to steal it.

Today folks I did an oil/ filter change, air filter, installed my Provent 200 and removed all the air intake manifold off for a much needed clean.

Massive thanks to Shorty for writing his guide : http://www.navara.asia/showthread.php?t=25427&highlight=remove+intake .... good for reference, especially the EGR housing part which saved some time. All nice and familiar when it was bolt back together time!

Oil: I've only just bought me beast couple of wks ago; pretty disgusted that there was over 8L of oil in it. The drain pan filled to the brim and I had to chuck the drain plug back in pronto. Spilt some of it and received a slow handclap from a workmate..:pissedoff: haha.

Intake manifold: Damn, was pretty caked up. Took some time n blasted it all out.:rambo:

Catch Can: Made a bracket up earlier in the week and headed over to Pirtek in Mascot who were very helpful with all my hoses. My crankcase breather nipple seems to have a worn down barb, so we had to reduce the 5/8" hose down just at that point to get a more snug fit instead of trying to bodge the 5/8" on. they've got a coffee machine too.

Getting the engine started was the main pain in the arse... was starting to sweat it and finally had to ask a guy nearby who was sitting with his chick in their car if he could crank the engine while i pumped the fuel filter like mad. Was going to change the fuel filter today n all... will scrap that until i have an extra pair of hands again!

All is sweet and she's purring. Can feel more low end grunt and she's running like a DD chick who's given up the durries! Another fine day under the hood :)

Rusty.

Nice work on the catch can install and manifold clean up.

Can you get a pick of the catch can showing where and how your bracket attaches to the engine bay. Cheers

Sure mate... There's some existing M6 nuts already on the bodywork, I just used those. Easy.

All stainless bracket and fasteners. Adhesive foam on the underside for protection..all similar to another member who's posted previously.. Pete I think.

Cheers for the comments, happy with it - looks mint. Feels mint. :redcool:

Attachments

• IMG_0139.jpg
    IMG_0139.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 101
Today folks I did an oil/ filter change, air filter, installed my Provent 200 and removed all the air intake manifold off for a much needed clean.

Massive thanks to Shorty for writing his guide : http://www.navara.asia/showthread.php?t=25427&highlight=remove+intake .... good for reference, especially the EGR housing part which saved some time. All nice and familiar when it was bolt back together time!

Oil: I've only just bought me beast couple of wks ago; pretty disgusted that there was over 8L of oil in it. The drain pan filled to the brim and I had to chuck the drain plug back in pronto. Spilt some of it and received a slow handclap from a workmate..:pissedoff: haha.

Intake manifold:
Damn, was pretty caked up. Took some time n blasted it all out.:rambo:

Catch Can:
Made a bracket up earlier in the week and headed over to Pirtek in Mascot who were very helpful with all my hoses. My crankcase breather nipple seems to have a worn down barb, so we had to reduce the 5/8" hose down just at that point to get a more snug fit instead of trying to bodge the 5/8" on. they've got a coffee machine too.

Getting the engine started was the main pain in the arse... was starting to sweat it and finally had to ask a guy nearby who was sitting with his chick in their car if he could crank the engine while i pumped the fuel filter like mad. Was going to change the fuel filter today n all... will scrap that until i have an extra pair of hands again!

All is sweet and she's purring. Can feel more low end grunt and she's running like a DD chick who's given up the durries! Another fine day under the hood :)

Rusty.

Great work!

Sure mate... There's some existing M6 nuts already on the bodywork, I just used those. Easy.

All stainless bracket and fasteners. Adhesive foam on the underside for protection..all similar to another member who's posted previously.. Pete I think.

Cheers for the comments, happy with it - looks mint. Feels mint. :redcool:

Does look good mate! Great job

At least you have it back mate. Try Nizzbits for any parts needed.

Yeah at least they didn't take it and its in one piece except for the lock,door and barrel. Insurance will take care of it all. And I'll be fitting a decent loud alarm asap. And hopefully can find one with pop out shotguns or something lol

When you put the alarm in. Put the siren in the cab somewhere with a strobe light. I have this and it scares the crap out of you and it draws massive attention. Ass holes is what they are.

When you put the alarm in. Put the siren in the cab somewhere with a strobe light. I have this and it scares the crap out of you and it draws massive attention. Ass holes is what they are.

Good idea. Cheers. Anyone recommend any alarms that work with existing central locking and multiple outputs for dual sirens and strobes, headlights flashing etc.?

A Mongoose M80G is a good unit. Has turbo timer etc. as for dual sirens just wire two in series. You can get some loud compact screamers on eBay for inside. And a strobe could be wired in the same way. Even if you get a relay and hook it up to the siren output and hook everything up to that.

Took it out to cunungra looking for a track I saw on 4x4 earth. Fund the track but the cows were blocking the gates. Then more came over. So I canned the idea and went up mount tambourine instead for a nice leisurely morning trip. I thought about going to another track that Ive a couple of times before. I was getting hungry by then so I filled the tank and drove home for a feed instead.

I have a Mongoose M60s, awesome and you can make it arm and disarm silently.
I have my siren in the engine bay near the drivers side bonnet hinge.

All the mongoose alarms I found on eBay come with remote central locking and immobiliser which I already have. Do you have to change it all to their system or can it be integrated with the existing remote and immobiliser I already have?

Not sure about that, The Mongoose alarm only has one plastic box with a heap of wires coming out from it.
They must tap into the drivers door central locking to make it work so I don't see why they couldn't integrate it with your Nisan central locking.
If in doubt just ask any installer.

Latest posts

Back