clutch problem.. [SOLVED]

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If there was dust in the friction area you would experience changes in drive, either through slippage or a difference in the sound as the clutch was applied compared to the engine not running with the clutch being applied.

It could be in the interface between the springs of the pressure plate and the thrust race.

I meant to say the other side of the fork's pivot, that you can't see from outside. Removing the slave is easier than popping the gearbox out, so that's the next logical step.
Yeah that's what I asked him about previously, either removing or moving the boot and having a peek inside...

Yep, which should rule that out. Slave cylinder is easy to remove, just those 2 bolts. you can move the piston with it out, just be careful not to pop it out the end of the cylinder or you will have brake fluid everywhere... you'll have to get someone to push the pedal, just go slowly and you'll know pretty quickly if it is causing the noise...

OK so after a hard day shopping... got home pushed the clutch 1 million times and no squeak!!!!!!!!!!! It fixed it's self! Good ol Nissan. Thanks guys for all of the advice! Owe you guys a beer! Haha

Haha no worries. .. maybe your spraying on that pivot point finally worked its way all the way around to lubricate it... well done

Hey Aidos is your clutch still doing this intermittently or did you full resolve it.

Mine just started doing it today and I'm hoping it's an easy fix and not a box out job. If the box needs to come out I figure I may as well do the clutch and thrust bearing and rear main while it's out... So I hope not lol

Still squeaks, no different in the drive just very annoying.

Sprayed inox on the slave cylinder not much difference. Sorry mate no quick fix ):

Latest posts

Back