clutch problem.. [SOLVED]

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well if you reckon it sounds like it's coming from inside more so than outside and no worse engine on or off I'd say it's the pivot point for the clutch fork inside the bellhousing.

You can see if you can pop one side of the boot out and see if it is definitely from in there, then try and lubricate it with something...

I will check it in the morning. It doesn't affect driving the car just annoying haha. Could be up for a new clutch?

Nah it would change with the motor running if the clutch, pressure plate or thrust bearing were on the way out...

It only became a little stiff after changing gears in water. So maybe water has got past the rubber and washed some grease off?

I'd say so... not gonna be real easy to get any more grease on there without removing the box...

Thanks for all the help. I'll let you know how I go tomorrow.

( sorry missus. Going to need to buy a heavy duty clutch) haha

There might be wear on the springs of the pressure plate, or there might be wear in the thrust bearing. There's only one good way to find the answer to that.
Could be, but you'd expect the sound to change when the engine is running...

Good point, that rules out the thrust bearing but not the pressure plate springs which have to compress regardless of rotation.

Also the thrust bearing lifter fork has a mount which could have some corrosion or something in it.

Yep, he says he's checked and tried to spray lube on the clutch fork pivot point and didn't help... I'm leaning more towards noise from the slave cylinder sounding like it's coming from inside the bellhousing.

In saying that, maybe it is worth removing the slave cylinder and running the piston in and out to see if the noise is the same...

I meant to say the other side of the fork's pivot, that you can't see from outside. Removing the slave is easier than popping the gearbox out, so that's the next logical step.

OK so all in all I need to remove the rubber and have a look at what exactly? Sorry I'll make a video tomorrow in the exact noise. The car does not drive any different or feel any different. Could it be dust in the pressure plate or something?

Latest posts

Back