Turbo upgrade time

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
O.k so the water meth kit is in.must say i like it more than i thought.also did a intercooler mist spray out of a cheap washer bottle kit and some mist sprayers from mitre 10.works very well and after a 10 second spray it shaves off about 10-15° of the post cooler air temps at 100kmph.great for $30 and a 2hrs work.2ltrs lasts just over 2mins of constaint spraying.

The aem water meth kit is working very well..fitted a 5 gal tank and the pump and controller.using the 500cc per minute jet.just running water for now.so far ive cranked my fueling back up to the point of smoking at WOT and im still under 730°c.(night drive tho).so air temp is onlt 13 tonight and its nice and thick!! Im getting constaint 180hp readings now with little effort out of 4th gear so great result.
Only problen i had tonight was with the chipit chip on tune 15 im getting a maf error (out of range) as its boosting it will hit 30++psi (current gauge ends at 30psi) and im getting the error.will turn it down tomorrow.interesting thing is when the error presents the turbo control gets super sensitive and from 1500rpm in 4th gear if i floor it the little forefront turbo will hit 30++psi by about 2000-2500 rpm and carry that pressure untill you lift the throttle..so its very capable of super quick spooling and high boost just mabee not for ever.lookig forward to the new turbo arriving any day now.

Last edited:
Her are some pics from the water meth injector placement and part that needs manufacturing

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1419948071167.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1419948071167.jpg
    197.6 KB · Views: 67
  • uploadfromtaptalk1419948108906.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1419948108906.jpg
    206.1 KB · Views: 62
Ahh that makes sence...turned the chipit down to tune 12 now and its back to normal.
500cc injector seems to have done the trick tho.air temps today are low 30s..
Higest recorded exhaust temps are 738 on a big uphill run...so over 100°c +++ less than before.

If you get the ECU remapped they can increase the max MAF value a few psi so it wont put your engine into limp mode. I don't have this issue as the unichip can alter this value

If you get the ECU remapped they can increase the max MAF value a few psi so it wont put your engine into limp mode. I don't have this issue as the unichip can alter this value
Ive been thinking of a unichip laitly..as there are a few things i dont like about the dte chip..

Im thinking that i might have a few issues to work around with the new turbo.not sure if ill have to manually control the turbo or remap to lift the boost limit/maf values..we will see.watching rumpigs thread regaurding the homebrew remapping.

pm me if you want a guy who can remap ECU's he is one of the best tuners in Australia, otherwise unichip is the way to go. If the VNT is electronically controlled the Unichip will be able to control the servo mechanism which acuates the vanes.

Yep like the patrols...could be a quick and easy way to get it up and running...work the rest out later..the turbo i ordered doesnt have the elect actuator on it as its normally from a audi i thought it might be over complicated...im was going to convert it to a vaccum operated and either let the standard solenoid/ecu operate it or get a electronic boost controller.
The way all these controllers are piling up in the cab..it might be better to combine the whole system (injectors,rail,turbo,water meth) into one chip if possible...unichip?

Im not too sure if the Unichip can do it as a stand alone feature, it normally plugs inbetween the appliance (pump/intector/turbo) and the ECU. You will have to ask one of the more experienced diesel tuners in your area.

It can do water/meth as stated on their website

http://dynomotive.com.au/unichip

On my setup (08 D22) Im only using it to control injector timing and rail pressure, from memory the injector timing is 4 - 5 degrees and the rail pressure is only increased by 2000psi

yeah they are open slightly longer, im not sure on the specifics I didn't tune it

Latest posts

Back