Turbo upgrade time

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have a look on the link I posted there is a list of authorised dealers in each state. May be worth speaking to a shop to find out if they can do what you are looking for.

Yeah willall are in SA & work on cars worth some serious coin!
I think they got 170kw and 550 from the 140kw engine.

Use the old chain to flog your local Nissan rep! Everyone should start posting their old chains to Nissan Oz, might make em feel guilty.

Top cam chain tensioner aparantly..noisey on cold startup...no much point going any faster with a failing chain and tensioner..all tho im half tempted to open it up and have a look.could replace the tensioner but whats the point?

Seen your car at pt turton a few weeks ago looks tuff dont see many king cabs

So another setback..the new turbo should have been here 3 weeks ago...ive finally tracked it down and its on a very slow moving ship somewhere between here and europe... not bloody happy!! Muppets were suppose to ship it express.should have been here in 7 days.instead its arrival date is now april....WTF!!!
Im going to try and get a refund from paypal and its all going wrong and im not preparied to wait till april to have my "turbo" turn up in a box for me...only to open it and find its 2 bricks tied together with string.
Could well have been scammed but hopefully paypal will get my cash back.

Good news for my timing chain...after chatting with some other owners re the ryco filters ive fitted a genuine nissan and havnt heard the top tensioner rattle again.WOOHOO!!!! ...monitoring it tho...and i will do a inspection soo also.

Would have been easier to buy a 2nd hand one or send yours to gturbo...
Not many 2nd hand ones kicking around also not real keen on a used turbo..pretty fragile little things.
Gturbo looks great but im assuming the price is just as high.i can hide small purchases here and there but big ones are tricky.

Just got this code come up....didnt even know its was capable of detecting this...

If you cant see it...is says....Suction control valve stuck

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1422486424058.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1422486424058.jpg
    5 KB · Views: 100
There's some crossed wires in there. It's hard to read (not just my age, its a small pic!) but it looks like P0089 which in the Navara manual is "Fuel Pump Over Pressure". There's no DTC listed in the manual for the YD25 engine up to 2010.

Latest posts

Back