Turbo upgrade time

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Your eyes are correct tony on the code.but it was on a cold start..warmed up for its usual 20mins and when i took off it died....did this 3 times before i tried to rev it and she wouldnt go over 2500rmm.. fault scanned and saw that..sorta makes sence tho...as the rail shouldnt have been over pressure at idle..
I do have a thai built tho.

Ive had the code a few times in the past few days now....always at idle and i can see my rail pressure at idle is up by 500-750 psi..idling at 5000 and a bit psi now.always shows P0089 and suction control valve stuck (possible a torque app error) but somthing is going on..
Tony i can switch both chips off from the cabin which i havnt really tested.
She is due for a service soon (filters) so i will do that and look at the rail sensor as a while ago i had corroded pins on my older chip.its possible its just dirty.
I prefer to fix things one by one....test...and see how it all goes so i know what the problem was exactly.so its rail sensor pins...liquimoly purge...chipit disconnect and then filters.see how we go.
On a lighter note i did get 20ltrs of methanol last week and ive mixed up a batch and im running that now.also changed the jetting to a 1000cc jet from the 500cc i was running.temps are good (750)with the chipit on 10 and the dte injector on the base map.the midrange torque is getting very good.its set to start injecting at 15psi and have full pressure at 35psi so im hoping its somwhere around the 850cc per minute of water/meth @30psi (hoping jamie doesnt read this)
Belive ive hit a wall tho with the airflow as my power levels are not increasing.i think its more to do with the snorkle and filter choice.possible even the intercooler has found its peak.

Hahah you running 30 psi boost??? You trying to brake it so you have to buy a better one?

My rail pressure at idle sits more in the 4400-4500 psi mark - for around 740-760rpm.

Still looking at SCV or pressure response (which is modified by the ChipIt chip, so unplugging that may be quite informative).

My rail pressure at idle sits more in the 4400-4500 psi mark - for around 740-760rpm.

Still looking at SCV or pressure response (which is modified by the ChipIt chip, so unplugging that may be quite informative).
In the next few days ill have a good look at it.

How does it sound on full song? You should be really nice and get a video for us.
I mate has a video of me going straight up a large long sand dune..aparantly it sounded pretty good on boost and at full noise.ill get if from him one day.

All this has been done in stages then tested.Chipit tuned off....chipit unpluged....injector chip turned off...injector unplugged...maf and air filter clean....pump reset....
I still have a high idle rail pressure...ie 5600-6000 psi but drops with air con on to 5300ish and stable..
Doing fuel filter change soon then a liqui moly purge followed by a scv rotation (180°)
See if i can get to the bottom of this.

Question for all.is there a cold start closed loop and does it up the rail pressure at idle.

Still getting P0089 on idle.thinking its just the extra rail pressure that the ecu does not like at those revs and throttle position ie...no throttle

As above...job checked and tested before any other changes...
Fitted genuine nissan fuel filter....did liqimoly purge noticed while running on the purge fuel rail pressure was reasonbly stable @4800-5000 after almost a full bottle and some serious fuel pump workouts..hit 20000 psi enough time to clean those injectors.
Its seemed good...back on diesel now and its jumped up again...probably 500psi...well somtimes its a bit unstable.

I see if i can get a P0089 again now at idle...if so ill rotate the scv and try again

You're going to get variations in the rail pressure no matter what. The ECU introduces fluctuations in the rail pressure at a certain frequency so that the available oxygen in the exhaust fluctuates at that frequency. This is detected by the heated oxygen sensors and a fault in that will trigger a CEL. This may easily influence what you're seeing in the rail pressure too.

I got a call from australia post the other day....lady on the phone said she had a parcel for me incorrectly addressed,, as it arrived in W.A.
She said it was labed turbine..WOOHOO!!!
She is redirecting it and it will be here on monday
Cant wait

Are you going to get it dyno tuned? Be interesting to see how it stacks up against mine

Bro camo.b did you get the vklr or vk? I'm starting to research on the turbo I should choose and I keep falling into the rut of gtx2860. I'm currently having a 140kw d40 model. Is the gtb a more compatible choice?

Are you going to get it dyno tuned? Be interesting to see how it stacks up against mine
Im aiming to do a before and after dyno..just need to make the time and find somone as local as possible..im currently running off the torque app... it seems in the ball park as with everything off im still a bit over the stock output of a d40..add fuel and boost and im back up to 186hp...thats the point i cannot get past without too much heat and smoke...and im talking cummins racing truck type smoke.

Bro camo.b did you get the vklr or vk? I'm starting to research on the turbo I should choose and I keep falling into the rut of gtx2860. I'm currently having a 140kw d40 model. Is the gtb a more compatible choice?
I got the gtb2260vk...really because you can mod them and rebuild them.the vklr is the latest generation vnt but its a use as is... no mods as yet.
The gtx2860 is a wastegate turbo correct?..reason im going with vnt is to keep the existing ecu/vac solinoid for cost and simplicity.
You have the electronic controlled vnt so your in a similar boat to me but you dont need to do a vac conversion...possible you can just just run your original actuator...???
The gtx im pretty sure out specs the gtb tho.

I really just want 180kw at the wheels and the gtb is good for 200kw
How much you chaising?

Yes the gtx is a wastegated turbo. I'm now very interested in the vklr. I'm chasing about 250hp which essentially is similar to your goals. More importantly I want stupid torque down as low as 2400rpm.

My model is also vacuum controlled with a solenoid valve as well.

Where is live, horsepower isn't as important as torque. I can't go really fast but I wanna get fast quickly. Torque is what I'm really chasing.

Dont you have the elect controlled one on the 2012 140kw ? Thai built or spanish.?
By all reports the vk spools either similar or a little better than the stock gt2056v. 2400rpm should be acheivable. Where the vklr is better again.
Have you seen the exhaust inlet orientation on the vklr? Not the nicest thing to work with, its suppose to be a 1million km turbo tho.

Latest posts

Back