Navara d40 strange noise

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

09d40aus

Reaction score
Hey guys I have a 2009 d40 titanium and for a while now it's been making a weird rattling noise when I press the clutch in at gear changes. The noise happens on and off so it's not happening all the time.

Does anyone have any experience with this and what did you do to fix it?

There were lots of reports of this some years ago, haven't heard about it in a while so either the threads have been found in a search and answered people's questions or enough Navs have been fixed that nobody has been having the drama - until now!

It usually happens in the manual because of the hydraulic line for the clutch running down the firewall rattling against the firewall itself. Easy way to tell - grab a small amount of packing foam and slip it under the hydraulic lines. I can't recall the long-term fix, I think Nissan may have done something to change it.

If yours had been fixed and is now doing it again, there's a chance that the engine/gearbox mounts are no longer in the same position (that's a worry!). Inspect the underside, engine mounts on both sides and the cross member as well (had one member with a bent cross member but I think his was due to a rather heavy landing on a 4WD track). You might also notice the front drive shaft is showing a bit of exposed shiny near the unis (and none on the rear drive shaft).

Latest posts

Back