Another write off

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nathand22

Reaction score
Went away up to the Blue Mountains last weekend with the misses and a few mates.
The weekend ended up being quite an adventure to say the least. EDIT;(have a read on page two for the helicopter rescue story)
After setting up camp on dark next to the TURON river we were all keen to go wheeling on Saturday and check out the area.
The Next morning we headed off and after a few short tracks we got back onto the main rd in only to see the misses end up hitting a tree in her old Hilux......
Luckily she and my daughter were fine....... BUT not so good for her old LUX, because of the angle she got the tree it bent the chassis.
So the insurance company has paid us out and we have kept the wreck for parts to build up another one we found a few days later.
785cdb4d.jpg
[/IMG]
4064b234.jpg
[/IMG]
8a870d36.jpg

I JUST COULDNT HELP MY SELF AND GOT THIS PIC SO THE STICKER ON THE REAR WINDOW IS VISABLE........ IS THAT WRONG????? Hahahaha

f0d6f69b.jpg

Last edited:
HERE IS A FEW OF THE NEW ONE I PICKED UP FOR HER

95f2e0e1.jpg

edbf81fc.jpg

Just need to take the Turbo, exhaust, rear bar, and a few other bits and pieces off the wreck for this one

Glad all are ok. How did she crash? Any pics?

yeah very relieved that no one was hurt.

She was at the last car in the group, and in all the dust a bike came over the crest of a hill and she freaked a little, went wide and got in the loose stuff, then hit the brakes and slid off the road into the culvert which sent her into the tree. She had almost stopped before she hit the tree but just hit it hard enough and at the wrong angle to bend the Chassis

4daacd0b.jpg

Good work Nath.

I was wondering how you went as I didn't hear back from you.

When did you come up ?

I am off this week.

looks in pretty good nick for an old gutlux. there a great rig if you can find a good one

Good work Nath.

I was wondering how you went as I didn't hear back from you.

When did you come up ?

I am off this week.

Sorry Dave, ended up driving up early sunday morning.
Turns out its only had two owners, and is a really honest old ute.
Got the guy down from $6500 to $4000, so really happy with it, once we take the TURBO ect off the wreck it will be a good old rig

All good mate.

That Toyota 3L engine must feel majorly gutless after driving a D40 everyday.

Drove a mates QD32 powered D22 recently, thought there was something wrong with it as I am use to the ZD30 which is no powerhouse by any means.

Ya not wrong Mate, especially with out the little DENCO turbo.
The thing that i am happy with is how well the D40 towed the wreck back from Lithgow, only used half a tank for 340km round trip, not bad considering the mountains i drove up

The story gets better.
Just after the tow truck left and we started to head back to camp, we get a cal on the UHF that a lady camping near us has been squashed between her car and a tree, then the car run over her legs.
I stayed where i was because i had phone reception to call for help.
After creating a UHF relay back to the injured women we got a helicopter on its way to air lift her.
In the mean time an Ambulance was on its way, i waited again for the Troopy to arrive where i guide it down into the camp. just before our camp you have to cross the River, Guess what ????? the Ambo gets bogged due to not locking in the hubs.
We then get the paramedics out with their equipment and drive them to the patient, in the mean time we have to do a recovery on the AMBO hahah

Turns out the lady is in a bad way and was air lifted out, we had all our cars in a massive circle to create a landing area for the biggest rescue chopper they have.
still waiting for the family to call us back with news on how the women is copping and how long she will be in hospital.

It really did remind us of how things can always be worse and the crashed Hilux was no big deal, compared to the poor lady getting airlifted..

Like i said WHAT A WEEKEND!!!!!!!!

Indeed.

Came across a Subaru years ago that got cleaned up by a P Plater in a VS Commodore.

That was out at Barrington Tops, that was a decent hit.

Goes to show, drive to the conditions.

The weird thing is she was standing out side her landrover Defender and reached in to turn the ignition off and ended up turning it on due to the weird pomy reverse key thingy, so the car started, first pining her in between the car and tree, then she fell to the ground where her own car run her over.....
man it was hard getting all that from the UHF to the 000 operator

Latest posts

Back