sub gear part - missing in my transmission

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hugh_h

Reaction score
have a look at part 11 - sub gear
13801148835712.png

and
here http://youtu.be/FZbTRADbSAE
I have this part missing in my transmission, is it possible that it was never there or somebody before me lost it ?
what this part does? anybody knows ?

yes I noticed that every time I put link in post you have to approve it,
so I have for you some more awaiting approval :rofl2:

Hi Hugh, I hope you get an answer to your question. I have never pulled a gearbox apart before, but I might be pulling one apart later this year to have a look.

Like your website, and welcome along.

transmission rebuild is straightforward as long as you have tools and parts, knowledge is in the service manual :p
We here in Europe have problems with parts at reasonable prices as some of them we can get only through Nissan.
now way to get full rebuild kit here

Manual I have, tools, mostly, parts I can get. Patience not so much, and I'm normally a close enough is good enough sort of mechanic. I often end up having to do things twice because of that. :(

Pulling a gearbox apart twice is not something I'm keen to do :)

But I'm enjoying watching you do it - keep it up.

finally I got my box assembled, and shortly I'll be putting it in to the car.
I managed to get new synchro rings form USA - it took about 3 weeks to get them.
I decided to not bother abut that sub gear part (11) as it seems form me that it's working more as a spacer rather then really working part, so I get rid of spring (18) as it is loose without (11).

if you see here
P1090855.JPG

teeth are broken and that's the place where front shaft should meet with this sub gear thing - so it was probably broken some time before I got there

Latest posts

Back