New D22, rusty spots

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lee85

Reaction score
Hi Guys

I picked up my new D22 this week and very happy with it.

One quick thing, on the tray (in-between the tray and window) there are a couple of little spots that are rusty in colour.

I spoke to Nissan and they said that is natural, but im not 100% convinced. I'm going it back to the dealer tomorrow for a chat about it, but looking for some advice from you guys.... is it normal.

P.S - I've organised for a Elect. Rust Proof unit (Couplertec) going in next week.

Lee

Don't waste your money on that electric stuff, I know couplertek is meant to be the best one but your better off with a really good underbody spray on one and then use WD40 or lanolin on all the areas that can't go, finally wax the paintwork.

as for the rust on it, the paintwork should be mint condition, probably been sitting in some holding yard out in the elements for months.... I could be wrong here but I am sure the thai ones rust easier, my 06 which has been on the beach and been garaged near the ocean for 7 years hasn't got a single spot of rust on it or the chassis whereas my last one was a 09 thai built, had rust on it within about a month of owning it, it also had a dealer fitted electronic system which obviously did nothing lol.

mine had the same from factory
nissan resprayed whole tub
dont take no for an awnser
contact nissan head office

mine had the same from factory
nissan resprayed whole tub
dont take no for an awnser
contact nissan head office

Hey Sparra how long after buying the vehicle did you get the work done .? I've seen some rust spots on the passenger side door hinges it looks like shards of metal from wen they were drilling and fitting the snorkel on n they have stayed there and started rusting . I bought my d22 last may so its about 10 months old should I have any trouble getting things re sprayed etc ?

Cheers George

I pointed my issues out at the 1k service
They weren't fixed to my satisfaction so I contacted Nissan Australia
The dealer principle rang me within 24 hrs
Promised me the world
Tub was resprayed 6 wks later

Thanks for your input... Nissan is looking over the vehicle tomorrow and plan to submit a warranty claim to Nissan Australia. It's only got 100KM on the clock so she's pretty new.

Lee

Latest posts

Back