Unkn0wn's D21 Dual Cab

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Origionally i was thinking top mount, but now i have no AC condensor im thinking Front mount. Will do the measurements up front sometime soon and see what will fit, if its no go ill stick to the top mount idea i allready have plans for.

hey unkn0n.

do you know where the best place to get parts for ur ute, i have one that is the same and i have done my exhaust manifold

ive just been looking on gumtree.com.au and quokka.com.au, depends where you are i guess. I have a stock Td27 exhaust mani I could sell you.

Hey guys, got a vid up from Saturdays adventure on the beach

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tPhVO13QeI[/YT]

Nav goes much better, turbo helps out greatly on the dunes and even pulling out Xtrails.

ive just been looking on gumtree.com.au and quokka.com.au, depends where you are i guess. I have a stock Td27 exhaust mani I could sell you.

is that the Turbo stock manifold or the NA turbo...

buy the way i have the same nissan dual cab, not as good nick as urs.

...?

What exactly is wrong with the manifold? Not much to go wrong except gasket and studs, which are consumables

it has an AIT aftermarket Turbo kit fitted. the exhaust manifold has cracked all the way though, i have tried to cast weld it with the oxy but it cracked again. not having much luck :(

i have been told that AIT have been out of business for 20 odd years, so getting a manifold will be a mission.

What type of turbo flange is it?

lynatntl on eBay imports new T3/T4 manifolds to suit TD27s, $330.

now that i am not too sure on i would upload a pic for you but the website is not letting me, i guess thats coz im a new member...
but im going to check it out.

yeah only have the stock na one spare, using the turbo one.

as dion said there is a guy on ebay selling cast ones that have dual flange bolts. prob the way to go.

yeah only have the stock na one spare, using the turbo one.

as dion said there is a guy on ebay selling cast ones that have dual flange bolts. prob the way to go.

cheers Unkn0wn/ Dion

i have sent an E-mail to Allan.

also Unk0wn, i love what you have done to your Nissan makes me see mine in a different light.

cheers Unkn0wn/ Dion

i have sent an E-mail to Allan.

also Unk0wn, i love what you have done to your Nissan makes me see mine in a different light.

Thanks mate.

Finished of the new intake setup. Using the stock terrano air box, welded in a 3inch bit of pipe and mounted the pod inside the airbox.

Using a spare silon joiner and part of the stock intake pipe i have madeup a reasonably stock looking air intake setup.

8c0367b7.jpg

ce0c81fb.jpg

3e5aa93f.jpg

had a suspicion I had a busted thermostat or even a missing thermostat, as the car never got hot enough to regester on the temp guadge and the heater blew out cold air.

This was quite anoying as its been quite cold here the last few days.

gave nissan a call this morning, orderd a thermostat and gasket

1991 terrano TD27T
Thermostat : 2120005d02 $38.25 ex gst
Gasket : 1106234n01 $4.54 ex gst
- well thats on the recept anyway.

Took it off tonight and as suspected the thermostat was missing. Easy job to do, just drain some coolant and undo the three bolts holding the housing on.

New stuff :

DSCF3022.jpg

Position / installed

DSCF3017.jpg

Tested it out and works a treat. sits at 1/3 on the guadge and the heater works!!

Not much of an update, car has been running well.

did a mockup of a TMIC setup, using a Toyota Aristo standard intercooler.
The cooler is quite well setup for a top mount setup and its pretty beefy for a stock intercooler.

2011-09-11164500.jpg

2011-09-11164514.jpg

2011-09-11164506.jpg

Hoping a mate can weld up the brackets sometime soon, then off to the workshop to get some pipework made...

Got the fabricator to make up the pipework over the weekend.

Josh from metacraft Marine mandurah, highly recommend bloke for any of your aluminum work. He can be contacted on 0408 008 537 or [email protected]

/end plug

2011-09-17133752.jpg

2011-09-17134206.jpg

2011-09-17143146.jpg

2011-09-17143135.jpg

2011-09-17143115.jpg

will need to cut a hole and install a scoop so it gets some air, but that's for next weekend.

That looks sweet mate, I'll have to come down and have a look. You free soon for a drive?

Well done mate. Top build.

Those Yota intercoolers dont look to bad. Pretty decent quality for a factory intercooler.

Welded tanks. Nissan should do the same.

Latest posts

Back