03 D22 idle at 1700rpm!!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

parlyboy

Reaction score
Hi

Today my diesel felt like it over reving coming home from maitland. I got to black hill coasting down a hill and it simply cut out?? I started it back up and crept up to 1500 - 1700 RPM and been doing it all afternoon. Im scared.

I have changed fuel filter twice in last 12 months for a similar problem.

Any ideas of the problem?

hey mate. i dont have the same model but ill throw a few suggestions your way it might help

maf sensor - need cleaning or replacing?
have you got the heater switch turned on?

thats all i can think of at the moment.

goodluck
Rusty

Check the primer. How many pumps does it take to go hard ?

MAF. ZD30DDT doesn't use. ZD30DDTI use a MAF.

D22 spec ZD30 runs a MAP sensor. They rarely !@#$ up.

Sounds like air in the lines.

Just went out and pumped. Approx 2 and a bit pumps till hard.

Heater switch is not on.

With all these problems...maybe we should hold a Navara workshop learning day.

Beers provided of course...lol!

The ZD30's are a pretty basic setup.

Next thing to check would be the Crank Angle Sensor.

Any odd noises ?

No odd noises.

Could it possibly have anything to do with Neutral Position Switch?

I tried that test last week (before this problem started) and all seemed fine. In saying that, I dont mind replacing that as its got near 200kms on the clock.

the cutting out could be fuel restriction. check filter and check for air in fuel lines.

high rpm, let it sit idle for 5-10 minutes and idle should reset it self.

will do thanks, might have to take to someone to check it over when its doing the wierd idle thing.

Well day 2 of high idling. Engine cuts out in exactly same spot driving home. Freaking me out.

True test will be to see if it does it again tomorrow on the way home.
I agree with RustyNav09 try cleaning your MAF Sensor (Mass Air Flow). Should be located near the air filter box.

if it cut out at same spot, it might be a leak somewhere in the feul supply, i had it once on a previous ute (colorado), it start up in the morning, run till the pump is empty, after priming it, it run with no drama till the next morning.

Back