04 d22 navara engine problems

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thejacks

Reaction score
hey guys,
got a 04 d22 with the famous zd30 owned it for about 6 months now and already spent a packet on it which include new turbo-reco transfer case and might i add if u wanna try and do it on ur driveway like i did HAVE FUN! nightmare fitted boost guage catchcan because i dislike the fact of the amount of oil in intake ive had the intake manifold off to clean out the sludge. well thats when it started she went into limp mode (no lights thrown) upon plugging it into the computer we found a boost guage unplugged and coolant temp sensor unplugged all good put them back on sweet off i went then it started surging in certain gears me thinking fuel changed filters hoses as they were solid as a rock thinking it was sucking air took it for a drive still done it blead the whole fuel system took it for another drive still doing it then i was reading up on this surging on google and found that the neutral posistion switch wares out and causes all sorts of problems rang my local dealer them wanting $160 for a new one i asked them for a part number (which is like getting blood from a stone) finnaly got and ended up finding a genuine nissan switch air freighted to my door for $60 cheering put it in and problem gone. might i add its on its 3rd turbo but i sorted the problem with why it kept shitting turbos a blocked cat so it fell out better on fuel better turbo spool etc. also wondering if anyone has blocked egr and if it makes a difference? would also like to know what the second butterfly does on the intake if anyone knows i thought it might be like a primary and secondary but if u shut the normal one and open the other one she stalls?
thanks sam

Hi and welcome to the forum.

There is a good thread on blocking the EGR in the D22 engine section of the forum. Also explains the butterflies a bit in there. In short one butterfly is a shutdown (stops all air to prevent run on) Then there is a swirl solenoid/butterfly which AFIK help mix the EGR with the clean air to make for a better burn.

Good to here that you have your problems fixed now, there are many people on here with high kms on there ZD30 with very few problems. Maybe abuse form the previous owner is a cause for your problems.

Latest posts

Back