140A Battery Terminal Fuse

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Giltos

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Got an issue with my '08 d40 Outlaw. Blew the 140A fuse in the battery terminal when trying to start the car. Replaced it, Accessories work fine, but soon as i attempt to start, the 140A fuse blows.

About to search the net and d40 service manual to find what hangs off that side of the terminal. Its two seperate leads which I need to trace, that disappear into wiring looms and under bonnet.

Anyone had issues like this before? or know which components hang off that fuse?

Ill take a pic and try to attach it.

Last edited:
Does it do it when you turn the key to "on" or "start"? If it is when you turn it to "on" it may be the glow plugs shorting to earth somewhere. If you have a multimeter I'd be checking for continuity to ground with the fuse removed, if there is then maybe check to make sure nothing has fallen on the power rail for the glow plugs, grounding them to the engine somewhere

Hi Bods, just when attempting to start. Accessories is ok. On position is ok, just when i go to crank car it blows. Thinking either alternator or starter motor.

Fair enough, sounds like starter motor to me too. Possibly seized or shorting inside either the solenoid or the starter itself. Has it done it all of a sudden after sitting for a while or after only sitting for a short time?

I'd guess a faulty starter solenoid. The starter itself is powered directly from the battery - you don't pull >500A through a 140A fuse and expect it to last.

I have no idea what the solenoid costs, or if it's serviceable, but there are a couple of people on this forum that have changed theirs - I wonder if they know more about it?

Latest posts

Back