18th April,Sunday spin.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Google is fairly secretive about tracks up that way. I'm sure they are there. I did it a few months ago but it was mostly easy going. I did have the radio on scan though and at the top of every ridge I could hear a group yahoo'ing and carrying on about different sections of track that were testing them. Either way the scenery up that way is fairly spectacular.
The chainsaw is full of AVgas and castor.
Have got the MSR stove and pan for the onions - leaves more room on the bbq for snags.
Got some ripper tyres that have relegated my 4x4 to 2wd :smile:
Batteries in the 2 ways.
Camera charged
new roll of poo tickets behind the seat.
2 dogs and a missus are all that need to be loaded in the morning.

Off to scrutinize and note down tracks of interest on forest explorer, google maps and whereis.

This is a shot from my GPS software, these are the tracks north of Marysvile, then up to Rubicon. Hundreds of tracks just waiting to be explored

Attachments

• Marysville.jpg
    Marysville.jpg
    208.4 KB · Views: 29
Yep, got it on my crap laptop. I'll give you a copy, you can only upload to a Garmin GPS, but it still has pretty much every offroad track in Oz.

Nah, She's been out all day today, She has to shop, clean, and launder tomorrow.

Hay guys sounds like a good trip, but you will have to count me out this time as I still have some moving to do tomorrow and a fir bit of cleaning to do before the keys are handed over 1st thing Monday.

Have fun and make sure you take plenty of pics

Oi !
Ian!
Put down the VB and forget about the football!
Lunch tomorrow. We will grab some gear from the bakery when we meet up but have got some burger patties defrosting at the moment. How are we going for bangers?
Onions are packed - bit low on sauce.

Oi !
Ian!
Put down the VB and forget about the football!
Lunch tomorrow. We will grab some gear from the bakery when we meet up but have got some burger patties defrosting at the moment. How are we going for bangers?
Onions are packed - bit low on sauce.

I'll bring some condiments too.

Well the Hawks have well and truly been done so Ian will be here shortly.
I'm off to catch some zzzz's.
Will check back here before departure ( 6:45 ) otherwise if anything needs to be conveyed 0459 107 540
See ya's tomorrow.

Had a great day cruising about in the mountains.Thanks guys.
P4170112.jpg

Most of the day was easy driving,none of us had been to the area before so we were doing it tough trying to find a challenge.
This is Keppel hut near Lake mountain,rebuilt after the Feburary 2009 fires.
P4170111.jpg

We finaly thought we were onto something with a nice river crossing only to find that further on the track was closed.
At this time it was close to lunch time so we stopped at what we thought looked like a good spot.
Problem was the plague proportion european wasps trying to carry our food away.
P4180121.jpg

After lunch we found a track that ended up testing and beating us,having to carefully turn around and retreat.I copped some damage,my side step pushed up denting the bottom corner of my tub.Not to bad really.
I beleive Aido has some pics from this track.
Thanks again for a great Sunday spin.

Last edited:
Thanks Guys & girl for another top day out!

Park Rd was a ripper of a hill climb, I'm going back to give that one another crack!. Next time I'll let the tyres down to 15 psi and if that doesn't help I'll winch over those rocks.

No damage to my rig other than a few more pin stripes, squeaks and rattles.

Yep.
Got home knackered last night.
Pitty we didn't find that track ( location unknown :wink:) until late in the day. It was only one hang up that with some thought and persuasion we all could have got past. But at that time of day and not knowing what lay ahead it might have been futile and turned into a 16 hour day. I lay claim that it only defeated you Jase but I will still return to see if we can get past the D40 oops I mean the obstacle :smile: Conditions would have to be right though. Slightest hint of moisture and you wouldn't get 100m up it.
For those following along - THE HILL was 1.4km straight up with a rise of a bit over 500m. Thats a bit more than an average of 30degrees with sections a bit greater but very few sections less than.
Have got video going up and down - its a bit shakey and I havent worked out how to scale it down to put it up yet. It doesn't do justice to just how steep the angle is.
Perspective is a strange thing even after 10 mins of traveling up and up and up you kind of get used to it because your focused on pointing the vehicle towards the best path. It wasnt until I stepped out of the vehicle where we turned around that I actually had to jump down and touched down 12 inch in front of the rear tyre.
Have got one pic Ange took that gives a great perspective though. Will put that up tonight / soon.
Great day touring though seeing stuff you dont see in your own backyard.
Where to next?
See if we cant get another D22 to come along so that when the D40's turn for home I can still keep going :smile:

I'm fairly sure I could have gotten over the rocks, but I didn't want to leave the blue "Tuk Tuk" behind as another obstacle for Ian to negotiate!

The Tuk Tuk would have done it easily.

Pffft coming from a D40 owner that locked the front diff turning around on damp grass - we heard the compressor! :smile:

Lads,

Sounds like you had a great time.

April is crap for me with too many things on, but I look forward to catching up in the bush soon.

Keep the yarns coming.

Darren.

The Tuk Tuk would have done it easily.

Pffft coming from a D40 owner that locked the front diff turning around on damp grass - we heard the compressor! :smile:

hehehe, Na I always go to 2WD when doing a 3 point turn, otherwise it ends up as a 6 pointer. Problem with the air locker(rear only for D40's) is only single spinner when not locked.
So yep, 1 wheel drive on wet grass= no go, easier to flick the locker on than hoping the D40 electronic servo's and sprockets will engage properly.

Latest posts

Back