1997 qd32 D22 throttle cable

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RangaRep13

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm having some trouble finding a throttle cable to suit my QD32 D22, other than eBay I'm struggling to find one, new or second hand.
Any ideas?
And wondering how I could get more power out of my motor, can't chip it because I don't have an ecu.
Cheers.

Hi I have a qd32 I had a set of extractor on mine when I brought it and then put a exhaust on it just 2 1/2 inch it made a fair bit of difference you could try that first. Iv got a turbo on mine now the turbo made a a hell of a difference about to put a snorkel on it in the near future. And I turn the fuel up about but you have to be careful.

Mate I've turbo'd my QD32 and have never looked back, to put a DIY kit together it takes a lot of searching but if you have a look on here there are a few guys that have posted their conversions which are pretty helpful, a turbo on the QD really wakes them up.

I was thinking a turbo to get the old girl to boogie, I've been looking at extractors and an exhaust too.
My main concern is finding a throttle cable, because mines shot, down to a single thread out of six on the current cable.

Hi
What I did with mine was I used a vernier on the original cable to get the size and then visited a motorcycle shop and got a clutch or brake cable and bodgied one up. No need to remove the outer cable that way. Just have to make a new nipple on the cable at the pedal end.
Alan

Nissan don't do them anymore, I've been there already, stupid nissan��
I can get new ones on eBay from Thailand I think it was, so to get one without much fuss that's the way I'll have to go

as suggested before :
Is it not possible to cut the end of yours, then put another throttle stop on it? ive done this before and you can buy them from repco etc.

http://i.imgur.com/0QmW8.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/0Wbdq.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/Mi1Zg.jpg

Otherwise Thailand for new or wreckers might be the only way to go ?

I would also hazard a guess because ive owned bothD21 and D22 - that a D21 diesel and WD21 diesel terranos have the same cables - from memory they look identical to my Qd's one...have you looked into these?

with regards to power....turbo it. You wont look back, dont waste time with the extractors they will only give a minimul gain. if your spending cash you might as well do the turbo and exhaust...it will open her right up.

When i had my non turbo diesel D21 i bought a turbo diesel terrano with chasis damage and a good motor. Swaped the motors and sold all the parts from the terrano. If you have the time and space this might be a good option, as you can bolt the turbo gear from the TD27 onto the QD32 with minimal fuss....take a throttle cable...and sell the rest!

anyway, just something for you to think about.

Latest posts

Back