2006 ZD30 D22 Engine Light On.....

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brett 76

Reaction score
Hey all,
I have done a search and not come up with anything, but while i was out wheeling today in heavily corrugated road conditions my engine light came on and hasn't turned off.

It only came on as I was leaving and turned off twice as i went over larger bumps but came straight back on. I am not overly mechanically minded so i have checked all the usual things and connections and have come up with nothing.

Is there some kind of error code i can check or ECU reset i can do?

Any advice would be appreciated as i am meant to make a 1600km drive to our new house in a week and don't think my chances of booking in for a service are any good as it is a 3 week wait to get a service in this town.

Brett

This has happened to a few members and could be any number of problems. It's normally related to the fuel system.

General concensus is that air is being sucked into the fuel lines somewhere from either blocked fuel filter, Bad fuel or a loose connection.

1st off make sure your tank is at least half full. (the light on mine came on, on the way back from the cape ie bad corrugations but only when the tank was very low)

2nd Check the fuel filter for any water/gunk. Also check all the fuel lines are tight.

If this doesn't fix the issue, I'd replace the fuel filter (might even be worth doing it if the above fix the issue)

This has happened to a few members and could be any number of problems. It's normally related to the fuel system.

General concensus is that air is being sucked into the fuel lines somewhere from either blocked fuel filter, Bad fuel or a loose connection.

1st off make sure your tank is at least half full. (the light on mine came on, on the way back from the cape ie bad corrugations but only when the tank was very low)

2nd Check the fuel filter for any water/gunk. Also check all the fuel lines are tight.

If this doesn't fix the issue, I'd replace the fuel filter (might even be worth doing it if the above fix the issue)

The light came on at 3/4 full after i had filled up that morning and i have checked all the lines and filter with out any luck. I will try and ring the two servicing thief's in the morning and get the car hooked up to the computer and try to diagnose issues but as i said there is normally a 3-4 week waiting period. One would assume they would have to leave some bookings for emergency's or tourist's but hey this is Port Hedland and anything is the go.

If i can't book it in, should i siphon the tank, change fuel filter and all the other bullshit? Stressing quite a bit as i don't want to risk that long drive but wont have anywhere to stay either (lease runs out 28/10) so i HAVE to drive it.

Brett

Last edited:
Try replacing the fuel filter. Give the sensor a good clean while your there. Mine has been stuck 'casue of the gunk buildup :(

You could try unplugging the water trap sensor on the fuel filter, to see if thats the problem.

Prob best not to book in, just go down there and tell 'em what happened. Hopefully they can fix it on the spot :)

Last edited:
How'd you go Brett ?

The engine light is the water light to for the fuel filter.

Well......... I took the old filter off and behold!!!!!, I had the Nile river flowing in my garage! Talk about water and gunk!

So i siphoned 3/4 of the tank as best as i could and put some methylated spirits in the tank to soak up and evaporate any water left in overnight. Tomorrow I will put some more diesel in and pump it all through and pray to the gods that nothing bad has happened. I doubt anything major went wrong as it drove and idled all well on Saturday.

*Fingers crossed* Will let you know tomorrow. By the way, WTF is the tank drainer?

Brett

so the engine light is also the water warning light for the fuel filter.
well there you go, I just learnt something else very handy from this great forum

I had this problem on saturday morning in canyonleigh on the way out to swalowtail pass and beyond.Anyway back to mittagong (after reading this thread)for a new fuel filter and low and behold it stopped after a couple of times starting and running.Lesson learned that just change the fuel filter everytime!!! i do the oil.

Just thought id bump the thread so the next person that has this problem will find the solution also instead of turning around and going home like i very very nearly did. :cheers!:

Howdy Brett, so you picked up the water at the servo? If ya' did "what a shite"!
Just as a precaution I would be buying some Liqid Moly Anti bug/algae and running that through also... Nothing worse than having to drop the tank to wash that bug crap out..
Have you thought about fitting a pre filter with the clear glass bowl and a pick up pump ... From memory the filter was about $60 to $80 and I think the pick up pump was about $120! cheers Vic

Attachments

• 20150904_164537.jpg
    20150904_164537.jpg
    204.5 KB · Views: 300
  • 20150904_164528.jpg
    20150904_164528.jpg
    204.7 KB · Views: 643
Last edited:
Howdy Brett, so you picked up the water at the servo? If ya' did "what a shite"!
Just as a precaution I would be buying some Liqid Moly Anti bug/algae and running that through also... Nothing worse than having to drop the tank to wash that bug crap out..
Have you thought about fitting a pre filter with the clear glass bowl and a pick up pump ... From memory the filter was about $60 to $80 and I think the pick up pump was about $120! cheers Vic

Hey mate, Bit of an old thread eh :) buuuut I remember filling up at the servo with a mate and his d40 and guess I didn't know not to fill up with a tanker close by, I picked up water from the tanks, he didn't.....

I have since swapped the nav for the 76 cruiser but I can tell you I don't even look at servo's with fuel trucks within close proximity and have installed water watch and a secondary filter in the new rig :)

Learn from your mistakes :) the nav is still going strong, my mate loves owning it :)

Brett

Latest posts

Back