2009 STX 4WD servicing

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On a side note though with warranty... On neither of my previous 2 cars was I ever asked to produce the service book to have anything fixed under warranty (Hyundai & Toyota)... As someone suggested I will look at the bigger services getting done by a mechanic, though probably not Nissan !

The only time I've been asked to produce my book was at trade in time when they look to see if they can't screw a few more dollars out of you by suggesting the car hasn't had all it's services. I'm sure they look in the book (if they can find it) whenever the car goes in the garage but I've never been questioned by any dealer about who had done the servicing and why it wasn't them.

At the end of the day it's still going to come down to what the warranty problem is more than them just trying to get out of everything they possibly can. Each dealer wants to recoup their costs no matter how it's done and while there are certain things that will rarely be questioned when it comes to warranty jobs there is always going to be things that are questioned. Anyone who thinks that getting their car serviced by the manufacturer and never letting anyone else touch it means all warranties are automatically upheld is in dream land. While it's easier for them to blame someone else if they can they also have many tricks up their sleeves to ensure the driver is more responsible for problems than they are.

For those happy to pay outrageous dealers fees for servicing because it gives them piece of mind there is nothing wrong with that just like there is nothing wrong with going elsewhere and paying heaps less but at the end of the day unless you park that car in the garage and never drive it everyone has the same risk that warranties wont be upheld. Warranties are no different to insurance policies, those offering the service want to get out of it with as little cost as possible, and if they can make dollars off it at the same time all the better.

i have been quoted from 990 to 1240 for a 160,000 the same as a 40 from 2 stealers an hour apart.i was even more impressed when i asked how much for them to r&r the front struts, would you go for 5.4 hours.

maybe this will help

NISSAN D40 Navara 4.0 Man 4X2 Car Service Centres ? NISSAN D40 Navara 4.0 Man 4X2 Auto Service and Repairs

Just change the vehicle as required

As for changing out the front struts I can swap out stock and install the Radflos in about an hour, its easy enough to do it yourself.However I have a 4x2 so no mess stressing trying to get the struts out around the front drive shafts.Even pulling the UCA up and disconnecting the upper ball joints shouldnt take too long with a ball joint spreader.

Last edited:
Back