2012 D40 Changes

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wade193

Reaction score
I haven't seen any info already so i thought i'd update what i found out today. I was at a dealership looking and he said that he received a bulletin about the changes for next year. He went through all the changes with me and said that I have no chance of getting any colour besides white at the moment.
This is what i remember.

The new 2012 models will begin assembly in November 2010 with both the ST and ST-X being built in Spain.

The ST will have the same fit out as the current model ST-X including the 140kw engine.

The ST-X will be have the same fit out as the ST-X 550 and will have two engine options. 4.0l Petrol and the 170kw 3.0l V6 Turbo Diesel.
He mentioned the premium package briefly but I can't recall if it will be an option.

The ST-X 550 will be upgraded to 180kw and will no longer come standard with a hard tonneau cover. I can't remember the details about the premium package, but I do remember him saying it will have a reversing camera as well.

He said they should start arriving in March/April 2012.

That is all I can remember. I hope that wets your appetite.

I thought reports had the 4l Petrol scrapped from sales?

I also thought the same reports scrapped any idea of moving more manufacturing to Spain?

But then my memory is shot to shit so anything is possible.

He showed me a bulletin that was sent out that listed the changes.
I think I will wait and the ST-X with the 3l diesel.
It seems strange that they would keep the petrol model in the line. They could have offered both diesels instead if they wanted to give people a choice.

Worldwide it would be hard to work out which engine has more numbers. The VQ40 is used in most of the Frontiers with a 4cyl petrol offered as well in Nth America.Europe however is basically all Diesels so would be hard to tell which is the higher numbers
Its way past time they started to offer us the same trim levels available to the US and European models

Nissan uk has photos of king cab with new shape front end so you'd have to guess the thai built trucks are getting a facelift at least

Told by my dealer today that my ST-X, which is still on order due to the colour I wanted being Midnight Black is no longer available ??!! Have been told that there will no longer be a STX version only ST and STX550 ?? I have a meeting with the dealer tomorrow so this should be an interesting converstaion.............
Has any one else heard anything

My dealer advised me that:

* The D40 production is moving to Spain entirely (Thailand will be D22 only)
* The current ST-X model will become the ST model and priced similarly to the current ST-X
* The current STX550 will become the ST-X and priced similarly to the 550.

Glad I have my D40, don't want a ST made up to be an STX and wouldn't ever buy a 550 even if they dropped the price.

Ok found out today that the ST-X we know has now stopped being manufactured, what current stock in Australia or any orders about to be delivered this month is all that is available.
The ST which is being made in Spain now will be fitted out with what the ST-X had except...
Chrome/auto folding/ indicator side mirrors
Drivers Lumber Support
No 6 Stack CD ( single cd with usb instead )
And a few minor items which I couldn't quite see reading off the Dealers bulliten as he was telling me.

So in my case I have gone for an Auto ST-X model which they do have in stock.

Why not the 550? If I want a V6 oil burner I can think of better alternatives however I don't see my needs requiring a V6 oil burner for a long time and as far as I'm concerned Nissan are being ridiculous with their pricing on the V6 just because it's a V6

Got the call yesterday to tell me that the blue st-x I ordered (because i was told they had stock) were already sold and the computer hadn't been updated. Unimpressed.
He said I might be able to get the colour i want in the December deliveries, but no black available.
Strange i thought, so a quick search on car sales revealed heaps of black for sale in Vic and QLD even one in ACT. So there are just none available in Sydney.
The deal we did was good and he said he would still keep that offer for December, but couldn't confirm the colours.
I'm going to ring a few dealers interstate to see if they will do the same deal.
I was offered a price of $47,000 including soft tonneau, tub liner, and tow bar.
Anyone know of somewhere i can do better than that?
I spoke to a few dealers that just said no, they wouldn't but there must be some hungry for a sale.

Why not the 550? If I want a V6 oil burner I can think of better alternatives however I don't see my needs requiring a V6 oil burner for a long time and as far as I'm concerned Nissan are being ridiculous with their pricing on the V6 just because it's a V6

ah but you said even if they dropped the price. Didn't know any other Diesel V6's out there, I needed a ute anyway.

Agreed, very over priced, tax deduction though (convincing myself)

justdrinkbeer said:
ah but you said even if they dropped the price. Didn't know any other Diesel V6's out there, I needed a ute anyway.

Agreed, very over priced, tax deduction though (convincing myself)

Are you convinces yet Rich? :) they do drive pretty bloody awesome I have to admit. Very enjoyable to drove an I would not complain to have to drive it all day. Especially being auto

Don't get black, you'll regret it

Paint maintance is overrated made out to be like your biting your arm off
Not pointed directly at anyone just generally speaking. If you can handle applying a coat of wax every couple months then youll have no issue with black. Besides it looks great and gives you an incentive to look after the paint work.

I could make a Kenworth tax deductible but that doesn't make it worth the dollars. Each to their own but I just think Nissan could have done better and had the 550 been better maybe it was worth the dollars but they didn't so I don't believe it's worth it.

Latest posts

Back