2013 D22 diff gone at 65,000km

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AmosD22

Reaction score
hey all,

so as well as my efs rear set up being buggered found out today my diff is buggered also, anybody had issues with the rear diff, I am running 33' tyres

so gettting the stock tyres back on it and take it to nissan, see if they'll touch it

yeah mechanic is taking it to Nissan to try claim warranty, only have about 70,000km on the car

and I'm going to see the mechanic today to get a full run down on whats buggered with it

just wondering if this is a fairly common issue, i've seen a bit on it but not a lot

The C200 rear diff is a pretty solid unit. Ive put mine through hell and its still running fine. When I took the original centre out to fit the E locker the teeth showed no signs of wear, pinion nut was tight and bearings were like new. I've had mine on the gas, going up stupid hills lifting tires all over the place, its done a 4wd comp and 2 rough as guts trips thought the WA outback and had no issues.

The C200 should run 35's no problem. It has an 8" ring gear, the pinion has big bearings but does have a crush spacer, I replaced mine with a solid spacer when I re-geared the diff. It would be comparable in strength to the rear diff in a hilux and only slightly weaker than a Dana 44.

Is it making noises, howling or is it bent? Is it tracking to one side?
Surely you don't need a mechanic to tell you what the symptoms are!

They're a good diff, much better than Toyotas Hilux version, 210, 000 km on mine and it's sweet, this is unusual I'd reckon.

yeah i thought they were a tough unit, only been running 33's and it's taken some solid offroading but no competition crazy sh*t

dont need a mechanic to tell me what the symptoms are, i heard the symptoms so took it to him asking him to check the driveline gear especially at the rear cause thats where the noise seemed to be coming from

they took the cover off and a few teeth were floating around in there

so its 3-4 teeth off the crown wheel, nissan won't touch it with a 10ft pole, so it looks like it's time for a new diff looking at a dana 44 and changing from leaves to coil overs at the same time

Put a patrol diff in it. I picked up my rear for $80 and replacement parts are cheap as chips. Dana 44's are rare in Perth. I only know 1 person who has them

just sourced out a dana44, front and rear all ready to go for quite a good price, so the fun begins

Latest posts

Back