2014 d22 egr plate

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

308bever

Reaction score
hi, i`m unsure which EGR plate i need for a 2014 d22 2.5 crtd, is it a diamond shaped one that is rounded? or a round one with circular ears? i originally thought it was the round one with ears, but was told that suits d22 up until the year 2011 only, can someone who has recently done the job on a 2.5 CRTD of say 2012-2014 help me out please? thanks in advance (((-;

I put an EGR block in my 2012 d22 2.5cr about 12 months ago, it was the roundish one with the circular ears. Got it on eBay from a mob in victoria I think it was. Simple as to install and I haven't had any issues whatsoever. Hope this helps
Cheers Deano

the blank plate should be the same shape as the flange on the egr pipe. have a look where it bolts onto the intake

Another way to do it is to replace the jet pipe plate with a solid one. Paul from YD25.com can supply you with one.

image-1646751271.jpg

image-3230250874.jpg

image-510274887.jpg

image-1450880821.jpg

Frees up the restriction in the inlet manifold

Cheers.

^^I've done both on mine, blocked both ends of the egr cooler first, then did the actuator plate too. That way if the cooler lets go it won't fill the manifold with coolant...

Another way to do it is to replace the jet pipe plate with a solid one. Paul from YD25.com can supply you with one.

Frees up the restriction in the inlet manifold

Cheers.

Being a new car he might want to keep his warranty intact.Hugh

Hi Guys,
Sorry to revive an old thread.
Have read through a chunk of posts about egr blanking and see that there is the benefit of keeping the manifold clean. Q1. Will this stop the small amount of smoke at take off and when accelerating quickly? Q2 Are there any negative effects at all with installing a single egr blanking plate on the drivers side only?
Big thing im worried about is voiding my wty as it is a 2014 D22 and still under warranty.

Really appreciate any help with this one guys, new to the forum. Chris

fitting this egr blanking plate does stop that horrid black smoke blow on take off. the only negative answer to fitting just the one plate is [ as Bods said ]
if the silver coloured cooler tube blows a hole in itself you won,t lose any coolant as opposed to fitting just the single only plate.
as for warranty, buy the stainless steel blanking plate which is the same shape as the other gaskets you will spot fitted to the egr areas and the only way to tell if this blanking plate has been fitted is by eye observation, need to remove it to see if it got no hole in the center.
if by chance something should go wrong with your engine, just remove this plate before any work gets done. 10 minute job to remove and replace.
i have the last model D-22 that was made like you have and have this egr blanked off, [ 1 side only ]

Thanks Jonney.
Awesome. I will have a look a picking one of those up just to try and keep the manifold a little cleaner for the longevity of the truck. Want to work on it and keep it for as long as it can last.
Glad to hear that it is working well in your beast. Do you think that it is easy enough for someone who whos FA about cars?

yes it is quite easy to do this mod , just need a good ring spanner some sealant and the new plate. i think there is a how to do this mod on this forum, will have a look.

Thanks heaps J.
Working on slowly preventing any known issues with the car as I start looking at kitting it out for offroad. Will look up the how to on the forum. Thanks. Chris

Thanks heaps J.
Working on slowly preventing any known issues with the car as I start looking at kitting it out for offroad. Will look up the how to on the forum. Thanks. Chris
if you can,t find this how to fit egr blanking plate on the forum, try google as there would be heaps on there. [ fitting nissan navara d-22 egr blanking plate ]

Latest posts

Back