22" inch rims on a d22

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like I'm all alone. I dont do much/any off-road driving, so its purely cosmetic.

Mate it sounds like you're looking for approval for these rims. Like Nismo says it's your choice just because not everyone likes them doesn't mean you can't. You yourself said you want them for cosmetic reasons if that's the case you've justified them.

Also taking what Dave said about the guy he sees towing a trailer into account make sure you understand the limitations of the new rims in relation to the load you can tow. Just because the Nav can tow 2.8T (or whatever the D22 can tow) doesn't mean it will tow that much with those rims. You might never use the Nav as a 4WD but changing rims and tyres may have a remarkable effect on the towing capacity of the vehicle.

Actually that should probably read legal and insurable capacity because it probably wont change the fact that a Nav can still pull 2.8T.

I don't like the look much, but they wouldn't be practical for me anyway.

It's up to you mate.

its not too bad. somethine a bit different. and if ur not going to use it off road y not. tend to think that looks better than the low ones :) least its still as high as a 4wd should b :)
like someone said, everyone has their own tastes and thre is absolutely nothing wrong with that. go for it if u want them :)

They dont look too bad on the black D22, not my personal choice but for an on roader they would look the goods, might look better if lowered without the big gap from guards? I'll stick with my CSA Monsters with my BFG's for now....

if u work in the brisbane city area there is a new 09-10 d22 navara that has been lowered with 22" rims on it,,,personally if u buy a 4x4 use it as a 4x4 even if that means chopping ur hands off and pulling ur eyes out if u look at rims with low profile tires,,, thats just personal opinion...i hate 4wd with big rims and now tire...

cheers
RustyNav09

Latest posts

Back