265/70r/16s on a d22

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DXer

Reaction score
Hi I'm new to the forum and have just bought a stock 03 dx3.0 turbo dual cab and am ready to start putting a few mods on it, starting with the tyres

I want to fit 265/70/16s or 31x10.5s on it but I'm wondering what I have to do to get the to fit or do they go on without modifying? I'll be getting new sunraysias so I can get them to work the tyres. Help would be much appreciated!

Welcome to the forums DXer I can't help you with your questions but no doubt someone will come along later and give it a bash, in the meantime try searching some of the tyre threads there is heaps here talking about different sizes and fittment to different models.

you dont need to do anything for that size. i had 275/70 16s on mine when it was the standard height. you will be fine with 265/70s.

Thanks for the info guys. I'll let the tyre joint work out the offset haha

Yesterday i tried a mates wheels on my stock 04 d22. They were 265/75/16, BF Goodrich KMs, on sunraysias. They stuck out of guards about 20-30mm. They had prob 25% tread left, and they hit at the back of the front guards where the mudflap attaches just when turning without any flex.

Would i get away with 265/70/16 BFG's, or does the M/T tread add extra diameter compared to the standard 265/70/16 Road tyres I run daily?

And also are those muddies I spoke of above 31 or 32" on the 16" rims?

Cheers, Dan.

Its the offset of your mates rims that are causing the tyres to scrub. I run 265-75-16s without any scrubbing as do others, they sit about level with the guards. You need something like a +30 offset, rip your front mudflaps off, wind your torsion bars up an inch or 2 and it will clear with ease. Or do a 2" bodylift and get 285s.

Back