265/75/16 on a D22 - Want answers? Use this thread.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you want the power back that the tyres took. put a bigger exhaust on.
Turbo spools up quicker which helps down low.

Hey how r ya. My front mud flap is still off the car but i removed the plastic that it was rubbing and used a hammer and smashed it back 1-2cm.

Then reapplied the plastic. Doesnt rub now... I fully flexed it the other night and it just touches in the rear but nothing to worry about.

Im pretty sure if i put the mud flap back on it will hit it again.

Apart from that the tyres are so good.

I do notice less power and uses a little more fuel but i think its worth it.

Car looks way better, its higher, and the grip in the dirt is unbelievable compaired to before.

Good news mate - glad you are happy. :cheers!:

hey guys just thought id drop a message, my 06 nav had 265/75/16 cooper st's on it when i bought it, stock as a block and didnt notice any rubbing what so ever.. since then i have fitted a 2 inch lift and is not even close now.. guessn there must be some varients from vehicle to vehicle.. cheers.

hey guys just thought id drop a message, my 06 nav had 265/75/16 cooper st's on it when i bought it, stock as a block and didnt notice any rubbing what so ever.. since then i have fitted a 2 inch lift and is not even close now.. guessn there must be some varients from vehicle to vehicle.. cheers.

Workmate and i have an identical nav, cept the color. 265/75/16 BFG KM2's rubbed on mine. Not on his. Go figure. Now that i got the lift all is good though. But why the difference prior, is weird.

yeah thats werid.. Well i couldnt even drive down the road and turn more than 50%.

Its fine now.

Mine is a 2009 st-r thai build.

I managed 31x10.5R15 (Roughly 265/75/15) under mine no problem. I wound the torsion bars up on the front to level the car out before hand though. Not sure on the offset but it think it is -20.

Had trouble with the 32x11.5R15 (Roughly 290/75/15) but the offset was deeper.

put a set of 265/75/16 cooper st maxx on stock rims had to trim plastic inner gaurds .rubbed on full lock when flexin it up a bit .no lift kit

...Few weeks in now with the new 265/75 's ..full-lock reverse at speed = scrubbin' on mud-flap's..not an issue really..grip with tyre's on wet ( where's summer ??? ) is friggin' great..gonna remove ' flap's ( no giggling ! ) and side-board' today , or pr'ap's tommorrow dunno..either way..a to be recommended mod from me..apol's for adding to confusion.Lol .

I'm happy with her , might look at the exhaust/chip option's next, but stockie's not too bad so far...all the Factory xtra's are on account of a special in Nov. 08 featuring Bull-Bar, Towie...but..... mat's, tint's, caego insert etc...down to me good bargaing power's ...luv' this model !....all good !

Just fitted bfg all terrains to my 04 d22. Fits fine. Very little room in the rear guards on full flex. Just nics the inside of the mud flap on full lock. Will trim them up and see how it goes.

how do you guys go with insurance now that you have bigger tires? didn't tell them or they don't really care? or does it put your premium up?

Haven't said anything. AFAIK they are illegal though. I dare say it could possibly void insurance depending on the circumstances

Latest posts

Back