285's on a 2012 st

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

big zetor

Reaction score
Hi all whats everyones thoughts on running 33's on the new traction control rig, I ran them on my 06 rx without any dramas for 120000ks but i am hearing the tcs put's more stress on the cv's is this true' cheers

I run 33's on my 06 STX with no probs. With 60mm and 70mm front and rear lift respectively. Havent had it at full flex / lock yet but they will scrub when i do.

I had two wheel alignments done, one after lift, then one after the spacers on top of the lift up front. Camber is all sweet, CV's are straight etc.

Last edited:
If it has VSC its technically illegal to change the tyre size in any state that uses the NCOP AFAIK so take that into account....

if that was the case then why would they give the option to turn it off via a switch' just sayin,

My biggest worry wasn't saftey lol, i was more worried about snapping cv's most utes running 33 or bigger are illegall anyway unless engineered.

depends what you do with it to. if it's a street car that goes up the beach, shouldn't load them up much. start doing some technical tracks where you're shifting drive from wheel to wheel and you'll start hurting CV's etc. I've heard a few people say that the fronts are pretty weak in the D40's and if you're going to run big tyres and do some hard offroad, invest in a front locker to keep both wheels moving which will reduce the risk of breaking a CV

Yeah i have heard that if you get one wheel up in the air and then when it hits the ground and grabs, it throws the power into the front diff and BANG! If you do some proper offroad stuff, would be a good idea to do the CV's and UCA's. Some purpose built UCA's.

yeah, I'll be looking at UCA's soon I think. With the Bilsteins on the 2nd clip, I don't think I'll get much droop before UCA and coil bucket make contact

Thats what i think i'll be doing. Swapping the Ironman shocks for adjustables. Not sure about UCA's yet as i dont do full on 4WDing, moreso touring.

if that was the case then why would they give the option to turn it off via a switch' just sayin,
because 99% of the time its useless off road.

you could probably run a small 33, like a 285/70 r17 KM2 some are bigger like I think an MTZ is about 840mm in diameter while the KM2 is 832mm iirc

Thats wat i run a 285/75/16 Dick Cepek FCII on the stock STX wheels. I think you'd struggle with say, a 33x12.5". Then you need aftermarket wheels with the right offset and some rubber flares to keep the cops off your arse.

Latest posts

Back