2nd glove box

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HEM49

Reaction score
Is it possible to make the bit above the glove box into a 2nd glove box like the d40. Mines a brand new d22 str

Don't need an air bag there anyway... its just for the passenger.

Besides, dont girls come with airbags fitted?

glove box

Hey Scotybobcat

You say you have a glove box where the air bag should be,I have a 03 also non airbag where did you get the box from or did you make it
Hope you can help

Scouse

glove box

Can anyone post a pic or supply part number,I would love an extra glove box
Thanks
Scouse

d22glovebox.gif

Is that the glove box you want a part number for? My cattledog shows 03 models up to November had that glove box or just a panel. I can get the part number if you want it.

glove box

Thanks for the help Krafty
,I feel a bit of an idot,I have that glove box in the pic, I thought everyone was talking about the panel above the large glove box, facing the passenger,as Ido not have an airbag there
Thanks again folks
Scouse

I have no idea if that's what everyone is talking about thats just what I found in the cattledog, I'm not up with all the yesteryear features of a D22 :smile:

Scouse, I got 2 glove boxes in my 05, the normal one and an extra one above it like in the diagram. I don't quite get what you mean, do you have 2?

glove box

yer mate I have two like you
but i have a panel above the main glove box under the small glove box,now I think this panel is for the air bag but as I do not have air bags I was hoping to pull the panel out and have a third glove box,
I hope you can understand what I mean
Scouse

Jesus mate, how many pairs of gloves have you got??? Haha. Can u post up a pic? I think the panel in-between them is just how it is. The airbag replaces the top glove box is I think what people are saying.

d22glovebox.gif

Is that the glove box you want a part number for? My cattledog shows 03 models up to November had that glove box or just a panel. I can get the part number if you want it.

He guys, old thread but i wunna know.

Just found a 2006 3.0Lt Nav last night. Looks like a good one so put a deposit down. Anyhow i notice it does not have the second glovebox like above. It only has the main one and an an airbag in where you guys have the second one.

Not a problem, i dont care, but im interested to know why some "2006" models (seems like most do) have the second glove box and some dont (mine)? I thought from 2004 Series 2, all the 3lt had the airbags and were basically the same?

Pete

I'd be guessing that it has something to do with conforming to ADR's requiring vehicles to have two airbags and Nissan choose to remove the second glove box rather than redesign the dash.

Yeah i was thinking that. Had a look on carsales at alot of 2006 models just then. Just about everyone i could see had the 2nd glovebox. All i can think is the one i found is late 2006, possibly early 2007 and they changed them towards the end of the 3.0lt TD version. Will have to check the compliance plate to see when it was manufactured when i pick it up.

Looked at one a few weeks ago that was also late 2006 and it had the 2nd glove box though. Stuffed if i know.

Were all the 3.0lt TD Navara's made in Japan? or did the last batch get made in Thailand? Didnt check that, probably should have..

Not sure about where they were made (it's in one of the threads around here I just don't remember which one).

However the compliance date does have a lot to do with things. I haven't fully checked it out for myself with the Nissan parts cattledog but somewhere in 09 they changed the fuel filters on the D40 and there can be 3 filters that fit different build dates. I have confirmed there was 2 different filters for the 09 series myself but the lacky at Nissan told me there was 3. Since the part cattledog can search based on VIN when I get around to getting my spare parts I'm going to get my VIN and a VIN from an earlier model and see just how right the lacky was.

Yeah ok, only 3 different filters..lol

Well i just had brief moment of smartness... I have the rego of the car and remembered when you do a background check on Vicroads to see if the car had been stolen/rideoff etc. it gives you the VIN Number of the car.

Mine (soon) is a Japanese built D22, so that theory is crossed off, so got no idea why mine is different to every other 2006 model, special i guess.
Having one less place to store stuff only means i will have one less place to look when i loose shit all the time..haha

No it's one LESS obvious place too look, whatever you're looking for will still be in the most illogical spot it can be, just not in the second glove box.

In the 2010 D22, there is the glove box(sunglass holder), then immediately above that is a cut out panel, then a section of dash panel before the roll over to the flat where that safety air bag(as opposed to some blokes SO) is located.

How big is an air bag device?

Back