3" exhaust with no mufflers??

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Black Tonka

Reaction score
I have noticed some people fitted 2.5 or 3 inch exhaust without any mufflers to turbo diesel vehicles. Won't that be too loud?

I used to have a '89 Hilux 2.8 diesel with aftermarket turbo and had exhaust system without any mufflers. When I had the engine rebuilt, turbo removed, the exhaust was much more loud then, so I had to add in an muffler to quieten it down a bit. Can anyone explain why is that?

Is it too loud to have 3 inch on D40 without any mufflers?

Any comments?

Bloody oath, 1, 2, 3, 4 gear while your driving round town whistles like crazy, going up through the gears sounds great but going down gears is where it whistles most and it's probably twice as loud as well, It doesn't take long for people at traffic lights to start looking around to see whats pulling up............ Best thing is there's barely no drone on the highway at 110km/h

i think that we need some one with a D40 to post up their exhaust...

that way we can get a comparison of the D22 and D40 2.5s

though that one does sound good

Out my 3 inch on a d22 this arvo. Complete straight through from dump pipe. sounds amazing. almost too loud. will upload a clip tommorrow

haha your right. I'll just start turning the radio up louder. Its good cos its only super loud when your up it so on the highway its not too bad unless your overtakeing then I love it anyway

Latest posts

Back