3 inch D22 3.0 Exhausts - Cheap

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dooooooooooo it hahaha. Make sure there's no cats no mufflers and no resonators. People will say it's gonna be spastic loud and you'll get defected EPA'd blah blah blah, all bull****. You barely hear anything in the cab on the freeway no drone just faint turbo whistle and from the outside its not overly loud at all. Nice clean note. Turbo does some muffling which is why it's fine to go straight through haha

yep I'm doing in just after new years.. got it all teed up and ready to go....

Does anyone know whether clearing the insides of the CAT out and having a 3 inch straight through pipe from the cat back makes the dump pipe pretty much a 3 inch anyway? That's what the 2 exhaust places I went to said, and it's an 03 motor. Cheers.

No the aftermarket dump pipes have much larger internal diameters,
Sounds like they are being lazy and don't want the hassle of pulling off the dump

Leaving the stock dump pipe on is a waste of time no matter how big exhaust you fit. I fit a 3" exhaust from the cat back originally and it made SFA difference in performance. After the 3" dump pipe went on it was a different car to drive. Sounds like a tug boat, but definitely livens up the engine.

new dump pipe and exhuast will lower egt's a little bit, its not going to drop it by huge ammounts though.

if your just go with a cat back system and hollowed out cat, probably still drop egt's but it wouldnt be quite as much.

i'd go a whole system.

new dump pipe and exhuast will lower egt's a little bit, its not going to drop it by huge ammounts though.

if your just go with a cat back system and hollowed out cat, probably still drop egt's but it wouldnt be quite as much.

i'd go a whole system.

I did ask for a whole system and the exhaust guy said dump pipe wasn't needed blah blah blah been doing heaps of exhausts for these kind of Navara's etc etc. biggest bull**** artist ever.

Jarryd

Leaving the stock dump pipe on is a waste of time no matter how big exhaust you fit. I fit a 3" exhaust from the cat back originally and it made SFA difference in performance. After the 3" dump pipe went on it was a different car to drive. Sounds like a tug boat, but definitely livens up the engine.

And yeah good point, plus I don't mind it sounding like a tug boat. It sounds meatier already and goes a bit harder just with the so called "cat back" exhaust system... Guess I'll just have to wait and see the new results again.

Jarryd

Just bought from BEST Mufflers one of their 3" Turbo back systems and fitted it.
Had to remove the turbo to get the CAT converter off and to change the two long studs to enable fitting of the new dump pipe without using spacers - lucky I had some the right size in my ex-pathfinder bin.

Also had to modify the tale piece (cut & weld about 300mm from the end) to allow it to bend down to clear the tow bar.

Whilst I was at it I did the EGR and butterfly mods and added a catch tank (from England via eBay) and fitted a 59 litre caravan style water tank up under the tray on the passenger side. The ute is a single cab.

Next up is a snorkel.

Thanks for the info on how to do the mods blokes.

IMO they sound pretty ordinary, well without a muffler and resonator anyway, like they will never sound as good as a 4.2 TD patrol or V8 TD cruiser.

The beaudesert system I quite like but its only a tad noisier than stock.

this is probably the only good 3" straight through one I have heard http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-ov1QU44JI

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back