3 inch exhaust too big?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jardz91

Reaction score
hey all just fitted a 3 inch exhaust to my zd30. it sounds amazing now only problem is the front drive shaft hits it. has anyone else had this problem?

mine is a 2.5 inch and that's already close, guess it depends on the quality and time/effort put into its design.
3.0 i think in my opinion is unnecessary for such a small engine.
big cummins and power stokes run 4-5 inch. and there 6-7 litre plus.

I have a 3inch zorst too. Ive been making mine and it is super close. Try loosening the bolts at the bottom of the dump pipe, then move ur pipe so it doesn't knock. Then tighten the bolts in the new position. Hope that helps bro. Let us know how it goes.

I"ve got 3" straight through from the turbo - no contact anywhere. Sounds like an instillation mess up to me. There's no reason why they can't get the whole system to run clear of everything. Take it back to them.

Good luck.

agreed, my 3" 'zorst doesn't touch anything either. mind you there's barely 10mm gap either side as it comes down from the engine bay. It's a (butchered) Taipan exhaust.

yea got it. just wired it to the side then retightened the dump pipe. it's close but just off

Nice one. Glad it worked.

My flex pipe only just fits, that was the tightest squeeze for mine. But.......it fits.

yea my flex was also a squeeze but haveing a body lift mad it a fracton easir cos of the big gap between the cab and chassis

I have just recently purchased a Roo Systems 3.0 inch Exhaust system, I know what you are saying in certain spots i noticed it is very close to a few components. Thank God I had an exhaust shop fit / modify my system,as I have a 125l fuel tank fitted the exhaust system hit the tank and the read spring hanger. It only clears my spare 32 inch tyre by about 3-5 mm, my advise is get it fitted by a shop.

On the bad side,
I have noticed that there is far less back pressure, when leaving my house (step drive way) i must use the brakes when I reverse down the drive with the 3.9 inch fitted. Prior to fitting the 3.0 exhaust the restriction in the exhaust would slow me down. The good points are goes WAY better ( have a chip as well )it spools up at about 1500 rpm and pulls all the way to 4000rpm,Oh yea way smoother to drive.

scott's rodd's performance exhaust. $845 with free delivery in Australia. Only took 3 days for him to make it and get sent to my door in armidale. All quierys I had about this he was more then happy to help

yea got it. just wired it to the side then retightened the dump pipe. it's close but just off

For $810.00 fitted at Noosa Exhausts, the 3" is GREAT!!! dump pipe is ceramic coated. Have run through two tanks and the fuel consumption is now 7.7 litres per 100 km. Fantastic!

Done some reading up on exhaust system desiign. One little trick is to have a large dump pipe but step down down in size further back in the system. Suposedly maintains exhuast velocity.

Jardz91 if you dont mind me asking what breed is the exhaust you got.

Sent from priggaz

I made my 3 inch exhaust myself. I ordered the 3inch dump with high flow cat and the bends (mandrel) from e-bay. Picked up the straight pipe from Repco, and the flanges from a local exhaust shop then piece by piece I measured and cut and welded all the way from the turbo back, finishing with a dump piece next to the spare wheel. Total cost was just over $500. One of a kind custom. Haha. I love it.

I have the 125l tank and no touching with the 2.5" system that was existing when I purchased which was pressed bent . I am thinking I will ring Scotts rods for a ceramic coated dump pipe and then custom a 2.75" system after that. I was originally after a 3" but think it is to big. 3" dump into 3"flex then reduce it into a 2.75" system with a 100cell cat and a tornado resonator to take the in cab drone out, then straight through into a dump tip between the spare wheel and spring hanger.

This is all once I get my shed and welder. Hopefully soon

I have the 125l tank and no touching with the 2.5" system that was existing when I purchased which was pressed bent . I am thinking I will ring Scotts rods for a ceramic coated dump pipe and then custom a 2.75" system after that. I was originally after a 3" but think it is to big. 3" dump into 3"flex then reduce it into a 2.75" system with a 100cell cat and a tornado resonator to take the in cab drone out, then straight through into a dump tip between the spare wheel and spring hanger.

This is all once I get my shed and welder. Hopefully soon

Cab drone? I don't get any, especially the way it is dumped, just like the way you described. I did get drone up until I bolted on the last section but now it's gone. I can hardly hear it unless I stomp on it. I got the missus to drive it down the street while I stood in the driveway so I could hear it properly, sounds wicked (IMO anyway. Haha)

Back