32" Tyre's illegal under a Nav?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At this moment its illegal, forget anything else you read. But everyone does it and you won't have a problem with insurance knocking it back or getting ticketed. The latest talk is by July you will be allowed 50mm increase which will make it legal. go 265/75

i understand it to mean for us to go and have a look at the Tyre and Rim Association of Australia Manual.

everything is in that silly little book.

stupid book.

At this moment its illegal, forget anything else you read. But everyone does it and you won't have a problem with insurance knocking it back or getting ticketed. The latest talk is by July you will be allowed 50mm increase which will make it legal. go 265/75

latest talk by who? hopefully these guys can just give me the tyres on some steel rims like i want. i'll go and fit the wheels to the truck my self.

nah, flick back to page 76, section 44.(1)(a)(i)(A) - "not more than 15 mm more than the diameter specified by the vehicle’s manufacturer"

so not more than 15mm over whats on the tyre placard.

lets see if i can squeeze some new tyres out of the dealership that sold me the car, keep the big horns for when they change the rule?

i'm pretty glad i got them to write it into the contract.

page 78 refers to track width and tyre width, which isn't an issue, its the overall diamtere of the rim and tyre combination that is the issue, which is clearly covered by the bit on pg. 76.

once had a gentleman ask me about the velocity and handling of the Nav. He even showed me a video he had taken from inside his vehilce coming approaching the Nav.During that conversation, said gentleman noticed a set of tyres and lift kit. It was noted to that gentleman that the 265/70/16 factory and 265/75/16 was suitbale for that vehicle. The gentleman didn't ask any further questions about the tyres. He also didn't ask any other qustons about the velocity and handling... me thinks he just liked the ride and wanted a closer look. All those pretty blinking lights must have been a happy sign....

Latest posts

Back