3inch lift

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tuffnav

Reaction score
i just wanna know what ppl think of the 3inch kits from snake, superior or cal, r they any good? every1 just seems to hav 2in lifts. which would u recomend?
cheers

for the amount they cost, i dont think its worth an extra inch

I agree with joshy, cheaper to do 2inch suspension lift and/or 2inch body lift. And you'll have an extra inch to squeese in that chunky rubber.

How high can you go before your warrantee is void? are there certain lifts you can go for which dont void warrantee????

depends on the warranty issue. i got knocked back on my transfer chain because i had a big lift (2") and big tyres (31's) which were agressive (baja claws)

With the equipment snake push - they will never get a cent of my hard earned money.

For example....extended shackles make up a part of pretty much every lift kit they have for leaf spring vehicles, yet extended shackles are illegal in every state and territory of Australia!? Not sure how those guys can sleep at night.

i just wanna know what ppl think of the 3inch kits from snake, superior or cal, r they any good? every1 just seems to hav 2in lifts. which would u recomend?
cheers

what vechile d22 or d40?

D22 2 inch is the norm because you hit the bump stops if you go to 3". if your going to the cost of changing front arms etc then you might as well go 5".

In NSW at least, 2" (50mm) is the maximum lift you can have without an engineer's certificate too. If you want to go higher, you need to get the vehicle certified or you may have problems...

Yesterday on the freeway between Sydney and Newcastle we saw the police and an inspection team on the side of the freeway. They'd pulled over a ricer and were clambering all over it, jacking it up, checking underneath, and the woman driver (young, female, emo, tatts) was gesticulating angrily at the policeman who was pointing in a northerly direction, and probably saying "Stuff you cow, you can walk to the Caltex Twin Servo yourself and get a ride home from there but this piece of sh*t is being impounded."

There's also the incident I relayed here that was in the news recently, where a vehicle involved in an accident where the driver was NOT at fault still had the vehicle taken away for inspection. If that vehicle was found to be unroadworthy, they suddenly become responsible for the accident and can be charged (apart from being fined for the state of the vehicle) for the results of the incident.

The best way out is to get it certified. Yes, it's an expense, but it's not only peace of mind, but it's insurance against accident blame being thrown your way and - thinking of insurance - your insurance company can't weasel their way out of a claim using it either.

With the equipment snake push - they will never get a cent of my hard earned money.

For example....extended shackles make up a part of pretty much every lift kit they have for leaf spring vehicles, yet extended shackles are illegal in every state and territory of Australia!? Not sure how those guys can sleep at night.

Thats true but you need to clarify its only illegal till its engineer approved, so its still readily available for everyday use.

In NSW at least, 2" (50mm) is the maximum lift you can have without an engineer's certificate too. If you want to go higher, you need to get the vehicle certified or you may have problems...

Yesterday on the freeway between Sydney and Newcastle we saw the police and an inspection team on the side of the freeway. They'd pulled over a ricer and were clambering all over it, jacking it up, checking underneath, and the woman driver (young, female, emo, tatts) was gesticulating angrily at the policeman who was pointing in a northerly direction, and probably saying "Stuff you cow, you can walk to the Caltex Twin Servo yourself and get a ride home from there but this piece of sh*t is being impounded."

There's also the incident I relayed here that was in the news recently, where a vehicle involved in an accident where the driver was NOT at fault still had the vehicle taken away for inspection. If that vehicle was found to be unroadworthy, they suddenly become responsible for the accident and can be charged (apart from being fined for the state of the vehicle) for the results of the incident.

The best way out is to get it certified. Yes, it's an expense, but it's not only peace of mind, but it's insurance against accident blame being thrown your way and - thinking of insurance - your insurance company can't weasel their way out of a claim using it either.

I was in line for a booze bus, the police man looked at my car said nice rig, did the whole blow thing, then he told me you know you need rear mud flaps, not the front just rear, fair enough i said, the last pair ripped themselves off when i went off roading, he said ok fine but just get a pair and put them on.

I was in line for a booze bus, the police man looked at my car said nice rig, did the whole blow thing, then he told me you know you need rear mud flaps, not the front just rear, fair enough i said, the last pair ripped themselves off when i went off roading, he said ok fine but just get a pair and put them on.

That was a good police officer. You weren't being an idiot, so he didn't make your day miserable. Ought to be more of them around.

I find it that if your good to them from the start they will appreciate you more and give you less hassle, thats just my point of view, then again iv only ever been pulled over 3 times in 10years of driving and about 10 booze bus stops.
Plus my cuz the policeman also says that usually, not always but usually if your a good citizen from the start of the ordeal it makes the situation better for ya.

they've gotta job to do too, can't imagine it'd be all that rewarding either!
i try to make my experiences with then as placid and polite as possible, im sure they'd cop enuf shit from all the arseholes out there.
unless of course they hassle me without reason, then im more than happy to be another one of them arseholes.

im looking at the 4" lift for d40 from cal ($3500 delivered) - will have to get eng cert which is annoying...im just really worried that the engineers would reject it then im stuck with peices of metal and short $3500. I dont know why cal/snake dont provide the eng cert with their products...then we simply have proof/receipt that it was installed by a pro.

Dont do it, even if you get that engineering report some people will say it was an illegal mod to your vehicle, oh wait piece of paper, yep its ok, still an illegal mod though, just piece of paper in your hands.

My point of view, i think it will look tuff and perform better than what you got, get it installed and engineered (remember to pay that huge sum of $$$ and get the paper) and have fun in it.

Dont do it, even if you get that engineering report some people will say it was an illegal mod to your vehicle, oh wait piece of paper, yep its ok, still an illegal mod though, just piece of paper in your hands.

My point of view, i think it will look tuff and perform better than what you got, get it installed and engineered (remember to pay that huge sum of $$$ and get the paper) and have fun in it.

lol you've confused me...you said dont do it then kinda said yea do it...

im printing all the parts etc and going to the engineers in person and see what they'll say

Sorry man, just referring to another topic in your topic.
I think you should be right if you get that report, the kit itself is sturdy its just our laws which require the engineer certificate.

Latest posts

Back