400 KG Leaf Springs

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
its a shame you guys live in different states. i wouldnt mind feeling what it is like cause i just cant imagine the difference between my old style which are great to the new style which are meant to be better but apparently not.

i would happily let you guys test drive my car to feel the difference. hmmmmm i hope they sort this one out soon, cause id be interested in sticking a new pair in just for the extra adjustments.

Rusty

Hey Rusty, you could have a drive of mine no worries, to see what the difference is. If you weren't so far away i would come for a drive up there, but there's no way my back could handle going that far in it.
If your old style are as good as you say they are, i wouldn't update them you will regret it.

Cheers

Last edited:
The saga goes on, there agent came up on saturday with some new springs to fix all our problems, I helped him pull the old one off only to find that the new ones didn't fit. So the old ones are back on and I'm still bouncing- might get one of those kidney belts too-
Chris rang me yesterday and now he is talking of taking a leaf out to give that a try. Makes me feel a bit like a guinea pig, I thought these things were supposed to be tested before they left the factory.
fj

That's not what i wanted to hear Joe, I was really hoping you were going to say the new ones were great. I think i just want my money back so i can buy something else.

Yes money back sounds like the best option to me too, because they simply don't know what the problem is or how to rectify it. John told me his rode as good as his BMW car!!
I think taking a leaf out will only make my ute drag it's arse when I have a load on, may as well have the factory Nissan springs.
fj

I'm watching this topic with great interest. I took my Thai D22 to pedders today after cracking it with the standard ride. I never load the back up and sometimes I tow a heavy trailer. I'm looking for a soft ride first and foremost. These springs seem to be causing great disappointment. Pedders are going to reset mine as the load spring is doing all the work because the primary is worn. The car is only 12 months old. What about torsion springs, what is the best one out there?

Do bilsteins or konis improve the rebound absorption heaps over the standards?

Rich

Hey joe and Bear, do your springs sounds like a glass jar full of nuts and bolts at low engine speed ?

Hey joe and Bear, do your springs sounds like a glass jar full of nuts and bolts at low engine speed ?

Hey Dave
I'm the same as Joe, no rattles just rough as guts.
Spoke to John today and he rekons he is building a few new sets and will send some out when he is finished them in a couple of weeks. I hope he has sorted the problem out witch he said he has. We will have to wait and see.

Cheers

Well its good to hear there is progress. Keep us filled in when you get the new sets. Maybe the 3rd stage is to hard for our d22 utes somehow. Has anyone tried undoing the 3rd stage and seeing how it rides?

Well its good to hear there is progress. Keep us filled in when you get the new sets. Maybe the 3rd stage is to hard for our d22 utes somehow. Has anyone tried undoing the 3rd stage and seeing how it rides?

Makes no difference, apparently these ones were built with to much camber in them is what i was told.

Yes Rusty I undid the third stage, under John's instuctions, but it made very little difference if any at all, certainly not acceptable. John told me the problem is they are made of 8mm steel and should have been 6mm. The part that pisses me off is if he knew there was a problem why did he try and flog them off to us and pretend there was no problem until we kept pestering him.
fj

How'd you go guys.

I still hate these pieces of crap springs.

They rattle like they're about to fall apart, I dont carry any weight in the tray.

I was told to loosen the bolts, not !@#$ing happening, they sound like they are about to fall apart as it is.

Ill ring him tomorrow and ask for my money back, factory springs can go back in.

Oh and I pulled up next to a highway patrol car yesterday at the servo, was tempted to hit the cop up too defect me for the 4 inch lift in the rear I never wanted.

I was assured these would ride car like, 2 inch lift at max etc.

Worst money I have ever spent.

I am in the same boat Dave, I'm sick of bouncing hell out of my back on these crap springs.

I rang John at 1.30 today only to get his message bank, so I left a message asking for him to call back, but of course he didn't.

He is suppose to be making some softer springs to replace these with. He first told me that back in september before he went overseas.

I just wish there after sales service was as full on as the before sales speel is.

fj

I am just gonna try and get my money back.

I dont wanna !@#$ around with 6 set of springs until they sort it out.

The amount of vibration in these springs is embarrassing, turn a corner in second gear empty and they rattle like a 2 week old Daewoo.

I can understand your frustation Dave. I'm pissed off too, but we were told in no uncertain terms that our money would be well spent and we would get a "supperb" ride.
They stuffed up at our expense, so now it is there turn to put there money where there mouth is and supply to us what they promised.
I just wish they would get off there arse and get the problem sorted, I bought these springs in early september. Surley Sax understand they are getting negative reports about there product.
fj

I was in business for 17 years and whenever a problem came up it was always sorted imediately. A bad word spreads a bloody site quicker than a good one. Then maybe I'm old fashioned, now it seems to be rip as much out of the customer as you can and don't worry about after sales service!!

Know what you mean mate, I do 45,000km's a year in the ute. So want a comfy ride, I just want my money back.

Oh and I work for myself, so know what you mean.

Maybe you should ask John for a loan of his Hilux.
He recons it rides as good as his BMW car.
Then again I havn't had the good fortune to even ride in a beamer, let alone own one, maybe they are rough as guts to ride in too!!!!!!!!! lol

Back