4wd Insurance ?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im with Shannons insurance and its a bit over the 1k mark and that includes every mod i done to it including the SAS kit, and its covered everywhere i take it, that includes rivers, hills everywhere. Im 28 and got a good driving history only ever 2 fines, also shannons cover a free windscreen once a year if its cracked and im pretty sure the same goes for all the other car windows, but dont quote me on that one a friend of mine who has shannons insurance told me that one. I used to be with budget direct and it was $700 a year until i got the gas system installed then it jumped to $950 a year but i did not like their service when my car got hit in the rear so i went to shannons. I also live pretty close to Melb city so im gathering that doesnt help insurance prices for myself.

Well after a call to AAMI my Navara is insured through them again.

The lady on the phone checked and said there was nothing on there system to say they wouldn't insure a diff lock.

Notes have been added and I will recieve a copy to say a diff lock wont void my insurance.

Happy day's.

Thank you to everyone for the info.

Dave.

I am with Swann Insurance and the premium is a tad over $1k. I have listed all the accessories I have added with them and they confirm acceptance by return mail. Excellent to deal with!

wow i pay about 1200 a year and that is going down as im only like rating 2 or 3.
mine is covered for vehicle value with accessories on top.
have a look at just cars insurance im thinking about going across to them

I am with Swann Insurance and the premium is a tad over $1k. I have listed all the accessories I have added with them and they confirm acceptance by return mail. Excellent to deal with!

Changed my mind over Swann. Six weeks ago a P plater backed into me at speed. He pulled out into heavy oncoming traffic and paniced. He selected reverse planted his foot and sped back straight into my bull bar.

Anyway, I dropped the ute off this morning to be repaired as the bull bar is about a inch closer to the grill to be told that my dented number plate is not covered by the claim. Swann Insurance refuse to pay out on damaged number plates - Even though the P Plater's insurance is ulimately paying.

Geez that sucks, in Vic a standard plate replacement cost less than $30 and a custom plate is $75. Whether Swann are paying or the other mob are I'd reckon replacing the plate was the cheapest part, unless you guys have gold plates or something

It might cost them more than $30 to fill out the forms too. Either that, or they simply don't have the in-house procedures to handle it, since there are probably few repair shops equipped to straighten number plates.

Besides, I think manipulating number plates (in NSW at least, other states are probably the same) is against the law - the usual thing to do is to just go get new ones. But surely the insurance company would manage that as part of the repairs?

Manipulating a number plate would be illegal bit replacing a dented or bent number plate isn't manipulating. According to Vic rule even a panel beater can get your plate replaced if it was damaged in an accident by simply filling out the form on your behalf and paying the fee. So it's no harder for an insurance company where I'm sure they would have handled such a thing before to do the same thing especially for such a petty little cost it's a joke.

Guys in SA a set two standard plates is a massive $21 and a single plate is $15. So they are arguing over $15!!

Thats even worse, I'd make another phone call to them and see if the next phone jockey gives you the same response because it sounds too stupid to be right

I can't believe these prices. My new Nav (March 2009) is about $600 with a full replacement if written off within 2 years. Insured with APAI & they cover approved mods.
Phil

It's definitely a state by state thing because I'm paying under $500 for mine with the same deal as yours filobz. I know there is a premium to pay on any insurance policy going by the postcode because they think they can profile the area by a postcode but some of the ranges here for similar products are ridiculous.

Ring them back and invite them to explain it on A Current Affair or just shut up and cough up.

Tony, my time is too valuable to argue over a $15 number plate. So as you have suggested I will 'shut up and cough up' and then I'll vote with my feet when the annual premium falls due.

Tony, my time is too valuable to argue over a $15 number plate. So as you have suggested I will 'shut up and cough up' and then I'll vote with my feet when the annual premium falls due.

I don't think Tony meant that comment for you, more the insurance company.

Latest posts

Back