4wd Insurance ?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've had two no fault claims in the last 4 years and both insurance companies have been excellent to deal with. The first was in the cook's XR6 in 2005 when a (insert derogatory female word) didn't give way and basically wiped the front off the car. $8,000 repair and fixed as ggod as new. That was with RACV. Latest, had another (insert derogatory female word) run up my arse in the Nav and do $1,000 damage. Only hassle was QBE wanted me to pay the $450 excess because I didn't get the woman's rego number. So I rang her, got it and passed it on to QBE - problem solvered.

Incidentally, the QBE premium was around $400 for the year, market value, rating 1, standard $450 excess and regional postcode.

Like Bullwinkle, RACV treated me fine the one time I made a claim. I had some drugged moron rear end a bunch of us on Dandy Rd Christmas day 02 and once I reported it to them an hour after it happened there was nothing else for me to do until I picked the car up. The car was driveable but it was in the shop on Dec 26 and back on the road by Jan 15 so even over chrissie/new year they managed to get the car fixed and running in 3 weeks.

All insurance companies are only in it for themselves and the way some friends were treated by their insurance companies after the bushfires is appalling and there is no excuse for it. While I don't doubt RACV would take any chance they could to screw me over I still think they do a fairly good job.

Just got a letter from my insurance broker (family uses a broker, I can't afford one of my own!) rejecting the dual cab swap modification. They took their sweet time sending that. I think it's through GIO or something, looks like they've lost my future business.

Guess I'll have to track down someone that affordably insures crazy demonic P-plated HOONS with no claim history and a deathtrap backyard-modified car. :suicide:

It's those dreaded P plates, once you get them off your car you can insure any deathtrap you like :big_smile:

Latest posts

Back