4WD light staying on

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trb012

Reaction score
Hey guys I was driving home last night on a long drive and suddenly my 4wd light came on. I pulled over and checked to see if my passanger had accidently knocked the transfere lever all ok there if I leave it in 2H the light stays on faintly but if I go to 4H or 4L the light come's on brighter. Putting the transfer into neutral the light go's off. Anyone know what might be causing this or seen it happen before? Im thinking it's the range switch playing up anyone know where it's located? cheers.

Mine did it a few years ago, I put it down to a bit of moisture in the plug/sensor, it sorted it self out after a couple of days. (I had been doing a bit of 4x4ing including deep water/mud)

Yeah I think that's what it was equipt. I was driving through some pretty heavy rain for about an hour so think it got moisture in it. Pulled the connector off yesterday and cleaned it seems all good now.

Could be the switch on the gear box. It's located to the rear of the gearbox just before the drive shaft.

Yeah I cleaned the switch and plug all seems good now. Checked alternator last night charging at 14.2v so seems ok at the moment will keep an eye on it but.

Old thread. But started my car yesterday. First time since playing in the mud last weekend. And the airbag light stayed on for a minute faintly dimming. And the 4wd light was on aswell. Also faintly. Checked to see that it was in 2wd. All good. Put it into 4wd and the 4wd light lit up brightly. Put into neutral light completely goes out. Put back into 2wd and the 4wd light stays on faintly. Iv recently disconnected the neutral position switch. Maybe moisture got into the connection?

Latest posts

Back