4wding around tallarook area

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wes570

Reaction score
iv heard alot about 4wding around tallarook area! has anyone been there or lives in the area that can suggest any tracks or even post some maps so i can go 4wding? as mt disappointment is still closed.

Iv been once in the tallarook region, was probably 4 or 5 years ago, i didnt cover a lot of area and the tracks we did come across most were moderate and only a few were really 4wd low range stuff.
I would still be keen to give it another go, we were more towards the seymour area, we came in on Ennis rd of the hume fwy cant remember the name of the track we turned onto but it was a fair drive on ennis rd then a left turn, this lead us to a small lake or possibly an unused reservoir. Iv got it named in one of my map books but i cant find the book.

we should go. iv never been so i dont know the area at all or have a map to get around! and keep in mind im only new to 4wding so i havent had much experiance so il probely take the easy way around.but im up for going for a day trip.

I did a 4WD course there with DECA a few years back for work. There are some decent tracks around there if you know where they are. One turned into a climb that the instructor decided not to put us to but still had a crack at himself. It had been cut up pretty badly by other users since the previous course and was nearly winch territory.

One track up to the phone towers is just a nice moderate climb for reasonable beginners. Low range stuff with a long, reasonably steep climb with a lot of shale, you just had to let it shuffle along and keep on kicking out the bits behind you and find its own way up. The only complication was that most of the way up there is a big tree in the middle of the track and you had to go left before it, then hard right around it then hard left and up a bit of a shelf after it. The Defender we used on the course needed a little run at the step up but he reckoned the ZD30 Patrol they had before would idle up it.

On the way down you had to go left and right again but you could not clear the tree so you needed to go hard right until you nearly hit the tree, the go to hard left lock and try to reverse (It would not back up) and the wheelspin on hard left lock would slide the front of the car over and down you went again. It is about as challenging a track as I would ever really want to take my own car.

do you remember how much you payed for the 4WD course. have you been there since that? im trying to find a map for mt disappointment and the tallarook rangers area and i cant find one.

ARB stores also carry Rooftop maps.
Wes are you looking for something to do on Sunday? I have an Idea.

It was a couple of years back and I have not been up there since. Could not tell you how much it cost for the course, work was paying.

ARB stores also carry Rooftop maps.
Wes are you looking for something to do on Sunday? I have an Idea.

i have things to do this week end, im doing duck shooting the season starts on Saturday. keep your idea for next time. ps what is your idea Aido.

Latest posts

Back