5 litre cummins

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

big zetor

Reaction score
nissan usa have anounced they are going to put a 5 litre cummins diesel in the titan to replace the petrol v8, this could mean good things for the patrol wich runs the same v8 engine, or maybe even a market for the titan in aus! just sayin

Mr 4x4 was sprouting something a week or so back about how good it was for Australia and that there was hope but as far as I know Nissan Australia haven't even commented on the chance of bring it here.

Go to page 2 on the caravan forum there is a link re this but i think the pollution laws may be an issue a d40 will be just as nice towing 2.5 tonne and the weight will be heaps less.

you'd seriously rather a D40 for towing john?

Nissan will never bring it here because they are idiots, obvious choice for a diesel patrol would be the V9x but again Nissan are idiots and think people only want a big thirsty V8.

you'd seriously rather a D40 for towing john?

Nissan will never bring it here because they are idiots, obvious choice for a diesel patrol would be the V9x but again Nissan are idiots and think people only want a big thirsty V8.
You know what grunt my 22 puts out but stock i would chose a d40 anyday to pull 2.5tonne over a 22 not that i am a d40 fan but the 22 stock with that weight cannot cope 2.8 tonne with a big hill start see ya later clutch.

How many have seen the new V8 Patrol on the road ????...I'd suggest it is a flop

look and see Landcruiser 200 series everywhere

ive seen 2

one entering the dealer on the back of a tow truck
and one towing a massive trailer out near dalby

How many have seen the new V8 Patrol on the road ????...I'd suggest it is a flop

look and see Landcruiser 200 series everywhere

Massive v8 petrol with petrol over $1. 50 a litre - clearly not pitched at the Aus market. They should drop the v6 diesel in it for here.

Massive v8 petrol with petrol over $1. 50 a litre - clearly not pitched at the Aus market. They should drop the v6 diesel in it for here.

In tests I've seen /read the Nissan V8 is as good as if not better than the 200 series 4.5TT engine on fuel consumption

dont believe Diesels are cheaper to run /own..broadbrush statement

Agree Matt,

interesting to see registration data that is often published...anyone know where to find it ?

In tests I've seen /read the Nissan V8 is as good as if not better than the 200 series 4.5TT engine on fuel consumption

dont believe Diesels are cheaper to run /own..broadbrush statement

I never said the 4.5TT was any good :rofl2:

Latest posts

Back