80 Channel UHF CB Launch

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UHFCB

Reaction score
The ACMA and UHF CB Australia today confirmed that the new UHF CB radio class licence is now officially in force meaning that UHF CB radio operators now have access to the newly revised 80 channel allocation

To find out more about the new 80 channel UHF CB allocation visit http://www.uhfcb.com.au

So i guess that means i should have waited when i bought a GME TX3340 at the end of last year. i knew it was going to happen so i guess i only have myself to blame.

you have 5 years from now to use it on wide band, after then i doubt they will police it strictly anyway. Look for any 80 channel UHF radios, avoid buying a runout 40 channel one unless its real cheap and your happy with just the 40 and knowing it will be illegal to use in 5 years.

you can, but they are changing to narrowband instead of wide band as the old ones were. for the next 5 years both wide and narrow will both be active.

^ I'm not quite that rebellious but until I'm forced to by either malfunction or other such effort I wont be rushing out for 80 channels.

I'd insert an old technology is best post, because with old radios, you'd just mod the circuit. But on the other hand. they were a competition as to whether they or six bricks were lighter.

now probably isn't the best time to buy a UHF with everyone rushing {:) out to get a new one.

^ I'm not quite that rebellious but until I'm forced to by either malfunction or other such effort I wont be rushing out for 80 channels.

Same. Hopefully all the deadshits that think it's great to use every swear word under the sun around major metro areas run out and buy the new ones. I'm not tarring all with the same brush but unfortunately most seem to be truckies around Brissie.

You can't run around town on channel 40 with kids in the car around here.

5 years hey? what is the life of a cb radio anyway? I would have thought within 5 years you would get something twice as good for half the price? or are they different to most technology?

Same. Hopefully all the deadshits that think it's great to use every swear word under the sun around major metro areas run out and buy the new ones. I'm not tarring all with the same brush but unfortunately most seem to be truckies around Brissie.

You can't run around town on channel 40 with kids in the car around here.

The same people will still be on the same 40 channels, as well as the new 40. No matter how you look at it the same 40 will still be in use and until all people are on 80 chances are that the wankers will remain causing trouble on the normal 40.

Mitch

5 years hey? what is the life of a cb radio anyway? I would have thought within 5 years you would get something twice as good for half the price? or are they different to most technology?

The 80 channel are the same price, all that happened is over the last year new radios that were manufactured by most companies were upgradable to 80 channel. They will now be only 80 channel sold my most companies.

The reason I use 'most companies', is because all GME and I believe Uniden were upgradable at the same price. Other companies like Oricom? or Icom are behind the 8 ball and were much slower at implementing it. Haven't looked into it since I bought mine but I daresay some companies are still trying to get rid of old stock (you may get a great deal).

Bottom line - purchase new radios = same price as old = 80 channel radios

Back