A bad sight.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aidos

Reaction score
Oh god. Stripped out or snapped. Noticed while flexing :(

Attachments

• 20141101_152320.jpg
    20141101_152320.jpg
    204.2 KB · Views: 229
is that after they supposedly fixed it, from your other thread, or have they not had a look at it yet?

looks like it hasn't been done up properly to me, but you'd need to remove the nut completely to know if it has been stripped.

They said they fixed it.. When i twist the nut the whole thing twist.
What would be an easy fix?

Yeah, ok... I'm not sure what it looks like under there, but if it is a splined stud then it has likely stripped the splines off it... ypu might have to wait until someone with a d40 has a look in here, I have a d22 and they are totally different...

Ahhh great. As a bonus the squeak is back.. hoping I don't have to buy a new strut cap.

Yea its a splined stud that pushes through the top cap.
They must of cross threaded it as I cant see it snapping just one stud under load.
you could tryn to hold the top with vice grips and undo and re tighten. otherwise the strut has to come out and be compressed and dissembled to put a new top cap on.
I just put new ones on mine. Picked them up from Zordo on this forum there not very dear, under 100 bucks from memory. I have an old cap here you are welcome to and you could re use your old bush. But you will need someone to compress the spring. I have made up a jig and press them in my 20t press.

I was looking at these would they fix it?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-11-02-08-38-47.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-11-02-08-38-47.jpg
    7.9 KB · Views: 104
No they wont fix it as that just bolts to the existing top caps.. give zordo a call he will send some up to you and get your local mechanic to assemble them...

I'd try get some vice grips on the these and do it up really tight, then next device factor in a replacement strut cap if you're worried.
No the spacers won't fix the problem.

If you want it fixed now, ring Nissan and order another strut cap and take your car to a suspension shop to replace it, piece of piss for them to do

talk to Garry at nizzbits for great prices and service on factory nissan parts.

Latest posts

Back